Find a job
IT Developer - Scunthorpe
The IT Developers role is to execute the activities related to the design, development and implementation of modifications, enhancements and new requirements for internally managed systems and reports. The IT Developer is responsible for ensuring that all internal systems and reports are maintained and supported using departmental governance techniques around project management, project delivery, change management and reporting.
Responsibilities- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and, where required, review such specifications, with the internal development team, to confirm that the specification meets and satisfies the user requirements prior to initiating development.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Manage the development and deployment of internal systems software, and/or enhancements to the existing application throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure that any new electronic reports or software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Collaborate with team members in the testing of new software programs and applications.
Operational Management- Manage the application development in support of business operations.
- Identify and resolve program errors.
- Provide technical updates to the Development Manager.
- Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to internal systems and application software.
- Liaise with network administrators and trainers/testers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
Knowledge and Experience- Extensive knowledge of developing with Oracle 10g / 11g database, forms and reports.
- Extensive knowledge of .Net, PHP, SQL and Cognos BI.
- Knowledge of Document Scanning technologies and EDI methodologies.
- Support of functional Finance Systems
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Personal Attributes- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Work Conditions- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Occasional rota based support cover
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of offsite software and system development management.
More jobs you may likeLead Java Developer (Full Stack) - Greenfield initiative
Java Developer (Full Stack) - Greenfield initiative
.Net Developer (C# - Full Stack) - Greenfield Initiative
Senior Unity Developer
Senior Digital Developer
Lead .NET Developer (C# - Full Stack) - Greenfield initiative
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela