Find a job
Care Assistants-Disability Care - Kingston
Job descriptionLOCATION: North Ferriby, East Yorkshire HU14 3JR
JOB TITLE: Care Assistant supporting people with Disabilities.
SALARY and BENEFITS: Circa 16k pro rata plus 20% pay rate enhancements for evenings and weekends
WORKING HOURS: Full time/Part time, permeant positions
THE COMPANY: My client, the largest Disability charity in the UK, is currently looking to recruit Care Assistants to join their dedicated team of care professionals. They are committed to values that respect the independence of service users without compromising on the quality of services, personalised to suit individual need.
The Care home is in the village of North Ferriby, East Yorkshire which is close to Kingston upon Hull. The house is set in two acres of beautiful grounds with a panoramic view over the River Humber and has 19 service users with physical and learning disabilities.
THE ROLE: Care Assistant - North Ferriby, East Yorkshire
My client provides support to adults who have physical and learning disabilities in North Ferriby, East Yorkshire. This includes providing support to the people who use the services with all aspects of daily living including personal care, social and education activities etc.
You don't need experience to join our team. All you need is a positive attitude with a common sense approach. You will be provided with training and support. You will receive paid induction training, on-going specialist training as well as completing the Care standard which is part of the induction. There is also the potential opportunity to complete NVQ level 2/3 (Diploma in Care).
You will have the ability to work on your own and as part of a team, also be able to work rota hours and be willing to undertake required training. You will work flexibly and creatively with the people who use our services and staff.
Key Responsibilities to include: - Care Assistant supporting people with disabilities
- To be involved in supporting service users with their support including personal hygiene needs.
- To have the ability to document accurately the support delivered.
- To assist with the provision of food and general housekeeping in accordance with the requirements of the service
- To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by the Service Manager following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development.
Key Experience preferred for the role: - Care Assistant supporting people with disabilities North Ferriby, East Yorkshire HU14 3JR
- Experience of providing personal care would be desirable, but not essential
- Good basic literacy and numeracy
- To be willing to undertake required training (including updates), sometimes off site and outside normal working hours.
- Experience of working with disabled people is desirable
- An engaging manner with ability to build rapport with people.
- Commitment and availability to work weekends on a rota basis
- Passion, enthusiasm and a real commitment to make a difference to people lives
- A reliable approach to work
- Car and own vehicle desirable but not essential
- A satisfactory DBS disclosure check is required for this post
More jobs you may likeWaiting Staff
Care Assistant - Day and Night - based at Richmond
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela