Find a job
Care/Support Assistants - Chalfont St. Peter
Job descriptionLOCATION: Gerrard's Cross, Buckinghamshire
JOB TITLE: Care/Support Assistants-Days and Nights required
SALARY and BENEFITS: 7.80 hourly salary plus 20% enhancement for evenings and weekends
benefits including accommodation on site if required, childcare vouchers/Cycle to work scheme, discount on PC's, option to buy and sell annual leave, full induction and on-going training.
Pay rate currently under consultation.
WORKING HOURS: Full time/part time/weekends/Bank hours required, on rota, Normal shift pattern: 7.30am - 2.30pm, 2.30pm- 9.30pm. Night shifts available 9.30pm - 7.30am.
THE COMPANY: Our client is the UK's leading charity supporting disabled people. For over 65 years they have supported disabled people in many different ways, to reflect their needs including providing care in people's own homes, through to employment and education.
THE ROLE: Care Assistants- Gerrard's Cross, Buckinghamshire
Are you a good listener? Are you flexible and patient?
If you are then we may have the perfect job for you. We provide support to disabled adults in a residential service. In the role of support worker you will be involved in providing personal care and support to service users, some with complex care needs, which promotes and enables independence.
You will support people with all aspects of daily living including their physical care and personal hygiene needs, ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed.
You will work as part of friendly and supportive team, needing to communicate well, maintain accurate records and escort people who use our services to recreational, educational and leisure facilities in the community.
You do not need previous experience to be a part of our team. Full training is provided.
Key Responsibilities to include:- Care Assistants- Gerrard's Cross, Buckinghamshire
- To be involved in supporting service users with their physical care and personal hygiene needs, ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible, in accordance with the rules regarding delegation of nursing tasks and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity
- To encourage service users to maintain maximum independence, taking into account their physical and emotional condition and to stimulate their participation in the running of the service
- To pass on to other staff, via individual records and the daily reports, any incidents this may have relevance to the service users' individual plans
- To escort service users to obtain services including recreational, educational and leisure facilities in the community
- To assist with the provision of food and general housekeeping in accordance with the requirements of the service
- To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by the Service Manager following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development.
Key Experience preferred for the role:- Care Assistants- Gerrard's Cross, Buckinghamshire
- Experience of providing personal care (paid or unpaid) would be desirable, but not essential
- To have NVQ 2 in Care/ Diploma in social care or willingness to work towards this.
- Good basic literacy and numeracy
- To be willing to undertake required training
- Experience of working with disabled people is desirable
- An engaging manner with ability to build rapport with people.
- Passion, enthusiasm and a real commitment to make a difference to people lives
- A reliable approach to work
- Free parking for car drivers!
- A satisfactory disclosure check is required for this post
More jobs you may likeCare Workers and Support Workers
Community Support Worker / Community Carer
Registered Care Manager For Supported Living Service
CARE and SUPPORT WORKERS
Night Support Worker
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela