Find a job
Technical Support Analyst - Warwick
Role: Technical Support Analyst
Salary: Up to 24,500 plus excellent benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations.
What responsibilities will you have?
Working as part of a UK, Ireland and globalised IT support framework, this role is responsible for the in person resolution of second line IT incidents and problems predominately for Accenture staff situated in and around the Accenture Warwick Delivery Centre of a workstation fleet consisting of circa 241 PC's. Support covers predominantly both software, laptop and desktop hardware, Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 and Office applications.
This role responsibility is to provide day on-site IT support for our Warwick Delivery Centre. As the focal point of IT support on-site, this role has an important part to play in providing an exceptional customer service experience, building local trust based customer relationships that contribute to the wider goal of successful IT service provision, product adoption and education together with continuous service improvement. The role will also work closely with the wider UK and Ireland Local Support Teams ensuring that a consistent service is delivered.
Operational Local Support
- Respond to and resolve in person second line IT incidents logged via our global IT Service Desk, providing solutions to known incidents and problems for Warwick customer base, diagnosing and working to resolve undefined problems as they occur. Prioritise ticket resolution workload on predefined Service Level Agreements.
- Act as a key technical escalation point and for IT issues on-site, take a lead in driving resolutions for IT problems where possible, escalating and involving relevant teams where required.
- Production of site incident reporting statistics on a monthly basis, analysing trends, working with team lead to help identify problems or service improvements.
- Onsite remote hands for physical touch requirements on hardware infrastructure. Liaising with London Infrastructure team where necessary.
- Technical resource for Warwick based IT change projects.
- Management of the Warwick Change Control process, assigning, removing and changing access rights to Warwick based resources as part of a structured framework.
- Perform PC upgrades and imaging of PC's where required
- Ensure good knowledge of all PC hardware models in the environment, including specifications and internal customer PC model eligibility criteria.
- Input where required to the successful delivery of team KPIs.
- Working effectively with required external suppliers who are used to deliver components of our service, such as data recovery and IT consumable provision.
- Regularly review processes utilised within the team, work with team lead to ensure processes remain relevant.
- Ensure that a strong customer service ethos is provided as part of support provision requirements.
- Act as the key customer point of contact for operational day to day escalations and issues, successfully driving resolution, involving team supervisors and management where necessary,
People Development and Relationship Management
- Maintain effective working relationships within wider Technology Services team, specifically London, Ireland and UK Enablement teams to ensure successful service delivery and work optimisation.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with relevant global and local teams who provide the components of our overall service provision.
Proactive Support and Value Add
- Proactive identification of workstation issues that are seen in the environment, successfully communicating these to required audience, helping to drive resolution and raise awareness.
- Proactive championing of our IT products and services with a view of increasing understanding, adoption and productivity of our customer base.
- Proactively take part in new product and service pilots where requested, provide effective feedback.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations in the PC environment, internally and externally to the business.
- Dynamically provide support and cover for other colleagues where required.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Basic understanding of PC asset database (FNMS) reporting with the ability to extract simple reports to show volumes of specific models in the UK estate.
- Contributing to an effective PC asset management process, ensuring PC assets used are accurately tracked, updated within our asset management database and are physically secure.
- Conduct regular PC and consumable stock check on-site, work with UK Enablement team to replenish where required.
- Responsibility in maintaining PC storage processes that conforms to security policy, assisting with annual external audits linked to ISO accreditations.
Accenture Workplace Responsibilities
The role also works closely with the Workplace Solutions team providing occasional on site cover in the event of unexpected absence.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Working knowledge of supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems (7 and 10) environment.
- Working knowledge and hardware troubleshooting experience of laptop/desktop environments.
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting of the Microsoft Office environment.
- Good working knowledge of general technical troubleshooting skills.
- Deployment and troubleshooting knowledge of Apple operating systems
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products ie Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
What's in it for you?
All of our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions-underpinned by the world's largest delivery network-Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 28/02/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
More jobs you may likeChampion Sharepoint Developer - Somerset - Permanent
Contracts Manager (Maternity Cover)
Combat Systems Engineer
Business Development Executive
Junior Business Development Executive
IT Support Technician
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela