Find a job
Head of Technology - Leeds
At Sky Betting and Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
The Head of Technology for our Bet Customer Tribe is responsible for the end-to-end delivery and 24/7 support of software products and services that are for the SkyBet websites and mobile applications.
You will matrix manage a team of business analysts, architects, developers and testers, whilst working closely with product owners, marketing, finance, 3rd party software providers and other tribes to prioritise, plan and deliver high quality solutions.
The role will set direction for their tribe's needs for the Technical Operations Management team that reports to Platforms and Operations Tribe.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience within an agile environment, using Scrum and Kanban methodologies. They will also have excellent communicatory and relationship building skills to support our evolution towards a tribal setup akin to the Spotify model, i.e. Squads, Tribes, Chapters and Guilds.
People- Leading the people managers within the tribe to understand how to energise people, thinking about Motivation, Performance, Learning and Development and Community of practices.
- Working with People Operations, HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition teams to understand the skills and people needed for the tribe to on-board new talent.
Service Delivery- Work with the Operational Manager within your tribe to ensure strong focus is maintained for service quality and value stream #1 - the things we have already created.
- Support rotas are in place for applications and operations, including Incident Command for this role.
- Using Error budgets and Growth Trends for Key Technical services identify problem areas in our Lean Value Tree and position the deliverables with the Lead Product Manager for your tribe.
- Manage third party software/service providers to ensure products are fit for purpose, are delivered to a high quality and represent value for money.
- Advocate the right metrics for tribe - (technology KPIs) velocity, quality and service delivery and ensure technical reporting is issues to key stakeholders.
Product Delivery - Work with product and marketing stakeholders to agree, prioritise the roadmap for your tribe using the Lean Value Tree. Do this in a clear, consistent and transparent way based on appropriate criteria, e.g. WSJF, and show technical and product benefits.
- Ensure Delivery Management focus is maintained and work with team to highlight issues, dependencies and risks to plans and give effective reporting of progress.
- Looking at the value stream 2, new things, work with team to ensure fit for purpose Engineering practices are used to have single pipelines for each technical service / product team within the tribe.
- Manage the requirements, design, development, quality and release of software solutions.
- Ensure quality throughout the delivery lifecycle using the technology principles as a guide.
Strategy and Communication- Effective communication of the roadmap and progress against the 3 year business plans, include the technology strategy objectives to your tribe and other stakeholders.
- Lead the Next Generation UI technical programme and ensure tribe updates on purpose and progress is maintained.
Governance and Planning - Ensure effective management of internal and external risk, threats are appropriately prioritised within your tribe.
- Be an advocate for the Platform Fit for Purpose business goal within your tribe.
- Ensure Technology decisions and presented within the Bet Tribe P&L Technology Steering Group highlighting trade-offs and benefits against the 3-year objectives.
Financial Management- Work with the Director of Sports Betting Technology on Bet Technology Cost Centre for the P&L, to identify both areas for cost reduction and opportunities for increased investment.
- Contract renewals for technical services within the tribe.
- Ensure appropriate ratios of contractor to perm staff.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day and growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting and Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
More jobs you may likeSales Adviser - Bradford (Part Time)
IFS Business Support Analyst - 40,000-50,000 Bens - Leeds
Sales Manager / Business Development Manager
Sales Manager / Business Development Manager
Senior Test Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela