Find a job
Field Applications Engineer -Home based -Travel throughout Europe - London
Are you a brilliant technologist who is also an excellent communicator? Are you passionate about discussing solutions with design engineers and working with industry leaders in the appliance, power and automotive industries? Do you have a knack for finding new applications for the product for which you are the specialist? If so read on!
The Field Application Engineer is responsible for developing new applications and communicating solutions to the sales force and its customers. The FAE is a dynamic person who will oversee all technical interactions with the customer. The FAE will have a strong technical background and will be the facilitator between SC's design engineering and the customers design engineers. It will be a home based role but your role will include a travelling throughout Europe.
The duties and responsibilities of the FAE include:- Duties will be to function as a technical support and quality Support Engineer.
- Oversee all technology project execution as it relates to assisting the customer with product approval
- Sizing your audience and effectively communicate the technology and product to a wide variety of technical and non-technical, internal and external people
- Monitor new technology and assess its impact as a threat or opportunity for the business and determine how to incorporate your findings into our product strategy for new applications and markets
- Interface between customers and the company's Taiwan Engineering on application details for Automotive, Industrial.
Appliance customers by:- Assisting customers with the company's product suggestions for their application requirements.
- Assisting customers with design suggestions to optimize the company's product performance in their design.
- Providing customers with the company's product test data to assist with the company's product validation in customer designs.
- Assisting sales people and their customers with technical issues.
- Visiting customers as needed with regards to technical support and design related discussions.
Assist in gathering information with respect to competitors and their capabilities.- Interface between the company's engineering and the company's quality in Taiwan on quality related issues.
- Visit customers as needed with regards to quality related issues by:
- Visiting customers as needed to assist in safe production launch of new programs.
- Becoming involved with customers in the PV stages of design to prevent foreseeable quality issues before production launch.
- Reviewing and be involved with PPAP submission and approvals interfacing between the company's Taiwan Quality and the customer centre.
- Reviewing and being involved with Corrective Action Report submission and approvals interfacing between the company's taiwan quality and the customer Centre.
- becoming involved with the company's base in Taiwan to ensure that the correct format (8d, pdca, and fishbone) is used in problem solving to the customer's satisfaction.
Job Requirements- Experience as an FAE in the electronics industry.
- BS in an engineering related field and at least 5 years in the electronics arena.
- Ability to think strategically with the sales team but also able to proactively roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Understanding and experience in how to scale your time to achieve business goals.
- Demonstrate strong analytical mindset and capability.
- Ability to size up your audience to communicate in technical detail or in simpler laymen's terms
If that sounds like something that you would be interested in hearing more about then please do feel free to get in touch with Lloyd at X4 Group using the details below.
More jobs you may likeSoftware Team Lead - C , Agile, Win32
Commercial Manager/Business Development/Sales Manager
Database Development Agent
Senior Workday Support Analyst
Lead Ruby Developer/Software Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela