Find a job
IT Support Leader - Peterborough
Job descriptionLOCATION: Stamford, Lincolnshire
JOB TITLE: IT Support Team Leader
SALARY and BENEFITS: 23,166 per annum
WORKING HOURS: Monday - Friday based on 37 hour s per week on a 52 week contract
THE COMPANY: Our client is a multi-trust academy trust who help schools and colleges convert to 'Academy status', sponsor other academies, and help spread good education practice. They are committed to improving the quality of education and life in the county of Cambridgeshire. This position is based out of one of their Academies in Stamford, Lincolnshire.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Customer Service Manager you will be working as part of a small dedicated team within our Academy sites, you'll lead the IT support functions of our IT service to assist the staff and students within your Academy and across the wider schools supported by the Trust providing a professional, customer focused service and support.
You will be managing and leading the ICT staff within your Academy assigning tasks to them and
ensuring they are challenged and responding to the day to day issues within the team. You will work closely with the Customer Service Manager and the Technical Services Team to ensure issues are followed through to completion in a timely manner.
The role of IT Support Team Leader will test your logic, common sense and judgement as you manage projects to deliver classroom upgrades. You will meet with the Academy principal and other senior leaders to ensure the Academy projects are delivered on time and on budget. This is a great chance to develop your career by making your mark with this friendly, dynamic and growing enterprise. It really is an exciting time to join our Managed IT Services team. The Trust is growing quickly with plenty of opportunities to develop your own skills and advance through your career path with us.
Key Responsibilities of IT Support Team Leaderto include:-
- Supporting the 1st and 2nd Line Staff to ensure the smooth running of all computer equipment within the Trust and responding to urgent IT issues.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to curriculum leaders and educators within the Academy Trust to support them to deliver an outstanding educational environment in the classroom, using the best technology appropriately.
- To line manage and assign roles/tasks to members of your team and assist IT team members at busy times across the Trust.
- Ensure that the IT suites are fully functioning and perform regular maintenance on ICT equipment. Ensure that faults and problems are quickly rectified using the IT Helpdesk and ensure that the Trust's IT policies are adhered to. Carry out fault-finding, repair equipment where possible and organise external repairs where necessary.
- Assist with the installation and configuration of all new computer hardware to ensure that it operates to maximum potential.
- Supporting the school audio visual systems and solving projector and interactive whiteboard issues, including for all school events such as open and parent evenings.
Please note this list is not an exhaustive list duties and you will be required to carry out any relevant additional duties as per management instruction.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact and communicate professionally with colleagues and clients at all levels, adapting working styles to suit the circumstances in order to build and maintain positive working relationships.
They will have an excellent telephone manner with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to non-technical staff and build positive working relationships with children.
The successful IT Support Team Leader must be able to resolve complex problems on your own initiative and have a flexible and pro-active approach to your working day.
Key experience essential for the role of IT Support Team Leader based in:
- Must live within a commutable distance of Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Must have a full driving licence with business use to travel between sites
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications (E.g: CCENT/MCP/MCITP)
- Excellent knowledge of PC Hardware
- Will have a good knowledge of/experience with network fault finding.
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
More jobs you may likeCommunity Care Assistants
Home Care Assistants
IT Support Leader
IT Support Leader
Home Care Assistants
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela