Find a job
Senior PHP Developer - Brighton
Jellyfish is looking for a talented and self-motivated Senior PHP Backend Developer to work within either our London, Brighton or Reigate offices. If you enjoy coding, sharing ideas and love being part of a collaborative team within a growing, international agency, then this is the role for you.
Jellyfish is a diverse digital marketing agency, which means you'll work on anything from simple content managed websites to advanced web apps and lead generation projects.
Like the sound of us? And are you someone who can bring fresh ideas, fizzing energy and a hands-on can-do attitude to where we work (and how we work?)
If so, we should be talking.
Before we do, take a look at the key skills we're looking for. If it still sounds like the role is made for you, then get in touch today.
- Maintain a good standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
- Testing code, both client and server side
- Take ownership of projects and present proposed solutions to the wider team and non-technical staff.
- Work in a DevOps capacity and reach a degree of competency in maintaining development server and migrating work in progress to UAT/testing servers.
- Be willing to work in a research capacity - to find and test and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of PHP with substantial professional experience
- Good understanding and effective application of Linux command-line.
- Knowledge of off the shelf CMS packages (ideally Concrete 5)
- Ability to code and debug in:
- CSS (responsive design framework)
- Experience of implementing Google Analytics code and debugging
- Experience of using version control:
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Databases (MySql/ MariaDB)
- Working knowledge of XML/JSON and using 3rd party API's.
- Experience of MVC frameworks/architecture:
- Symfony 2 (or similar)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and pick up new techniques and technology.
- Ability to demonstrate good time management skills and perform effectively to tight deadlines
- A proactive attitude to problem solving and an understanding of the role of development in a creative environment.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a sense of ownership.
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
To apply please click the APPLY button.
More jobs you may like
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela