Find a job
Engineering Manager - Food Manufacturing exp needed - Aberdeenshire
Job descriptionEngineering Manager - Food Manufacturing exp needed
My client is a leading food producing organisation based in East Aberdeenshire. Due to a fantastic period of growth they are now seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to report directly to the Chief Engineer. In addition to managing and co-ordinating the engineering department, a key element of this role will be to champion engineering projects and continuous improvement initiatives from inception.
Key Responsibilities- You will be expected a have a hands-on approach when leading the engineering team, and lead by example.
- The incumbent will liaise with the Production Department to maximise production, equipment accessibility and minimise downtime.
- You will help to ensure that all equipment is maintained and is in good working order.
- You will assist with maintenance of all necessary accreditations.
- The Engineering Manager will PM from conception through to production. Where you are expected to manage multiple facets of projects.
- The right candidate will need to ensuring all facets projects are delivered within time budget restraints.
- You will need to have previous experience in creating, requesting and analysing quote and tender submissions.
- You will be responsible for supervising external suppliers and contractors within all site activities and operations to make daily production and maintenance requirements of the factory.
- You will have had previous experience with managing change requests.
- The Engineering Manager with need to assist with the specification and design of new equipment.
- As part of your duties you will have previous experience in coordinating and managing all external Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) and enabling work suppliers.
- You will oversee the technical delivery of any new machinery installed on site.
- You will provide technical support to the Manufacturing Department and to customers.
- You will champion continuous improvement activities.
- The imcumbent will offer support to the maintenance function as and when required including troubleshooting, management support and writing maintenance manuals.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations and standards are adhered to.
- Working closely with Business Project Managers to guarantee the successful delivery of the engineering elements of project including ensuring any CDM and NEBOSH requirements are fulfilled.
- To assist in site guidance to embrace best practices and polices.
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience- Recognised engineering qualification.
- A sound knowledge of continuous improvement techniques such as root causes analysis, machinery reliability, maintenance etc.
- Proficient IT Skills including CAD Design packages such as AutoCAD is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of the machinery in a modern processing plant is essential.
- Management experience is essential.
- Previous experience of food processing equipment is essential.
- Experience of working within a FMCG is essential.
Other Relevant Information:- There will be a requirement for the post holder to be flexible with their working hours to fit with the needs of the project and the business.
- Full driving licence would be preferred.
- Some travel is required.
Agency: UCA Consulting Contact Name: Richard Lalchan Contact Email:Telephone:Industry: Manufacturing Job Type: Permanent Location: Aberdeenshire Salary: Up to 55k depending on experience
More jobs you may likeService Team Leader
Electrical Maintenance Engineer - FMCG experience required
Engineering Manager - Food Manufacturing exp neede
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela