Find a job
Hydro Field Service Technician - Blackburn
Job descriptionLOCATION: Kendal, Cumbria
JOB TITLE: Hydro Field Service Technician
SALARY and BENEFITS: Salary depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: Working hours based on 7.5 hours day
THE COMPANY: Our client, based in Kendal, is one of the leading producers of small hydropower machinery and installations in the world. They have been in existence since 1853, have a proud heritage and a worldwide reputation. The Company has produced over 6,500 turbines in the last 150 years and they are installed in 80 different countries.
THE ROLE: It is envisaged that a suitable candidate would be capable of building-up a regular service routine with customers for monthly, six monthly and annual service/inspections. The role would include advising customers on potential plant upgrades and refurbishment services offered by our client.
Key Responsibilities of a Hydro Field Service Technician to include:-
- Control panel fault finding and repairs.
- Inspection and fault finding on rotating electrical machinery.
- Use safe and approved methods to ensure safe electrical site working.
- 1st Respond to equipment breakdowns.
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment as required by HSE and 'Electrical
- Installation Industry regulations.
- Responsible for the production of method statements/risk assessments and be capable of working within a 'permit to work' environment is required.
- Produce engineering service reports and signed off time sheets.
THE CANDIDATE: Ideally from a power-generation or electrical/mechanical service background, you should be a time served electrician or installation/commissioning engineer, with recognised qualifications in the 'Electrical Installations Industry'. The successful candidate will have hands on experience and the ability to work unsupervised, achieving program deadlines/timescales.
Due to the nature of the Hydro-Electric Power business the successful Hydro Field Service Technician will be required to spend periods of time away from home working throughout the UK. Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, you will be required to undergo any training identified to enable you to meet your own, your department and the company's objectives and to work in your departmental and company teams.
Key experience essential for the role of Hydro Field Service Technician based in Kendal, Cumbria:
- Must live within a commutable distance of Kendal, Cumbria.
- Will be familiar with PLC control systems.
- Must hold a UK full driving licence.
- Will hold EaW regs BS 7671 IEE regs (2382) and it would be desirable to have `Inspection and Testing - 2392.
- Qualifications considered: HND, HNC, OND, ONC or NVQ Level 3 in electrical / mechanical installation.
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Hydro Field Service Technician then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
More jobs you may likeHydro Field Service Technician
Hydro Field Service Technician
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela