Find a job
Temporary Driver Helper - Ruthin area - Wales - Min 10hrs per week - - Chester
Job descriptionJob Description
Temporary Driver Helper - Ruthin area - Wales - Min 10hrs per week - 9.13 per hour-034712
Driver Helper Position Summary:
In order to ensure we are able to maintain service excellence throughout our peak period, we have exciting opportunities available assisting our drivers as temporary driver helpers.
This role will involve meeting drivers, at predetermined locations, in order to assist with deliveries and collections during peak periods. Helpers will be paid for all hours worked from the point of meeting with the driver until completion of duties.
Whilst we can guarantee 10 hours per week, further hours will vary dependant on volumes and specific areas, it is anticipated that helpers will, in the main, be required to work from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm. Similarly whilst during the busiest weeks, we expect helpers to be required Monday to Friday, in quieter periods this may differ.
Salary starts from 9.13 per hour and will be paid weekly. The role will commence between the 14th and 21st November for a 4 - 6 week temporary contract.
Opportunities to apply for permanent roles within UPS will be available for suitable candidates.
We are recruiting for driver helpers in the following postcode areas, please only apply if you live in (or are able to travel to) these postcodes:
* Complete multiple deliveries and collections of packages on foot.
* Prioritize workload to ensure time commitments are met.
* Check for 'cash on delivery' packages and ensure all monies are collected.
* Ensure correct completion of UPS paperwork
* Expected to comply with UPS Policy Code and appearance guidelines. .
* To project a high quality UPS image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality service to our customers at all times.
Key Skills / Experience:
* Some experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage.
* Excellent communication skills
* Customer service experience would be an advantage.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure.
* Flexible working approach as overtime will be required.
* Be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritize
* Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a 'promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
If you wish to contact UPS prior to applying for this position please email;
job Package Handling
Primary Location GB-Deeside-Chester
More jobs you may likeTemporary Driver Helper - Deeside and Flintshire surrounding areas Min 1
Temporary Driver Helper - Wrexham area - Wales - Min 10hrs per week -
Temporary Driver Helper - Denbigh area - Wales - Min 10hrs per week -
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela