Find a job
Safety and Environmental Engineer - DV Cleared - London
Job Role: DV Cleared Safety and Environmental Engineer
Location: West London or Cambridge
Duration: 6 months
Salary/Rate: Excellent Rates!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
DV Cleared Safety and Environmental Engineer - Contract - West London or Cambridge - Excellent Rates!
Our client is seeking a Safety Engineer to support the implementation of new systems and changes to existing systems across a number of sites within the Defence Intelligence domain.
The successful candidate will develop and maintain Safety Plans, Safety Cases and Environmental Assessments and liaise with the relevant authorities and stakeholders to discuss, mitigate and resolve safety related issues.
All projects have to demonstrate that the systems they deliver comply with safety regulations and requirements. This is achieved through the creation of a Safety Case based on hazard analysis. Hazard analysis and the assembly of Safety Cases are undertaken by Project Safety Engineers.
Responsibilities will include:- Preparation and maintenance of:
- Safety Plans.
- Hazard Analyses and Hazard Logs.
- Safety Cases.
- Environment Management Plans and Impact Statements.
- Disposal Plans.
- Derivation of safety requirements.
- Provision of safety and environmental input to project designs and associated reviews.
- Management of safety activities undertaken by other organisations and acceptance of the safety deliverables.
- Performance to budget and schedule.
Essential Education and Experience:- Experience of working in safety engineering including IT infrastructure projects.
- Experience of working to Def-Stan or similar standard.
- Experience of designing solutions to comply with safety and environmental legislation.
- Understanding of CE certification of products.
- IT literate.
Desirable Education and Experience:- Knowledge of JSP480 and working closely with Site Co-ordinating Installation Design Authorities (SCIDAs) and Authority Safety Officers.
Demonstrable Experience and Knowledge:- Track record in producing safety cases acceptable to the customer and/or regulator.
- Experience of safety-related projects, preferably including software.
- Disciplined and rigorous approach to safety and environmental engineering and ability to ask challenging questions about the requirements and implementation details.
- Systems Engineering life cycle.
- Wide appreciation of safety legislation and design/implementation techniques for safety.
- Health and Safety at Work Act.
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- The Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at Work Regulations.
- The Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Regulations.
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- The Disability and Discrimination Act.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulation Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2000.
- Wide appreciation of environmental legislation for ICT systems.
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive.
- Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2008.
- The Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009.
- The Environment protection Act (1995).
- Track record of delivering safety work packages to cost, schedule and quality.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
Personal Characteristics:- Strong people skills and able to work with staff at all levels.
- Good communicator (verbal and written).
- Able to lead reviews and workshops.
- Team player, but prepared to challenge the views of others where they could jeopardise the safety case.
- Pragmatic and flexible.
- Well motivated, energetic, persuasive and confident.
- Prepared to travel.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you 300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
More jobs you may likeEnvironmental Health and Safety Specialist (EMEA)
I and C Engineer - Perm
Office Administrator (Facilities Management/Health and Safety/Reception
Health and Safety Technical Specialist
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela