Find a job
Lead Flight Simulation Engineer - Lincolnshire
Job Role: Lead Flight Simulation Engineer
Location: Lincolnshire or Warminster
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Lead Flight Simulation Engineer - Permanent - Lincolnshire or Warminster - Excellent Salary!
- Responsible to the Site Manager for the support and maintenance of the Synthetic Training Equipment (STE).
- To provide supervision, training and technical support to the maintenance team.
- Responsible for the completion of any authorised modifications, drawing updates or document changes as directed by site manager.
- Responsible for ensuring personnel on their shift adherence to Health and Safety Regulations and Quality Assurance plans within the Synthetic Training Equipment environment.
- Responsible for the supervision of personnel on their shift and prioritising work to be carried out.
- Required to carry out training of other team members.
- Perform Daily Flight Servicing to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment is available to meet the training programme.
- Perform scheduled and corrective maintenance to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment performance objectives are achieved.
- When appropriate, carry out repairs to unserviceable equipment removed from the STE.
- Liaise with the customer's on-site representatives and end-users to maintain currency with developments on the Aircraft and its operation.
- Provide support and assistance during Post Design Services (PDS) modifications.
- Responsible for the completion of any authorized modifications, drawing updates or document changes as directed by site manager.
- Perform any other task which can reasonably be expected by the Simulator Site Manager.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:- Will hold "IOSH - Managing Safely" or be willing to obtain.
- Demonstrable Flight Simulator experience. With the demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical electronics engineering tasks, with proven experience in a supervisory or team lead role.
- Ability to interpret schematics, drawings and electrical wire diagrams.
- Solid understanding of both digital and analogue electronic theories.
- Able to calibrate, install, maintain, repair, and test flight simulator(s) and associated support equipment.
- Knowledgeable and accomplished in the use of personal computers; to include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Excellent Communication and Technical writing skills are a must.
- Able to work flexible shifts that include nights and weekends as required.
- Requires ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Will involve some international travel
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:- Experience in Distributed Training and Mission Rehearsal operations.
- Experience with Image Generators and Main Frame Computers.
- Experience with aircrew training devices (flight simulators).
- Experience with live, virtual, constructive training.
- Qualified in soldering techniques.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the use of test equipment; to include Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Strip chart recorders, Logic Analysers, Frequency Analysers, and DVM's.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
More jobs you may likeAvionics Engineer - Ex RAF
Flight Simulator Engineer
Lead Flight Simulation Engineer
Mechanical Systems Support Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela