Find a job
Field Service Engineer - London - London
Field Service Engineer - London
AMCS Group are technology leaders in the area of design and development of RFID tracking, weighing, mobile computing and communication hardware and software solutions. We currently have operations in Ireland, UK, Mainland Europe and the U.S. Due to expansion, we currently have vacancies for Field Service Engineers in the London area.
This role involves providing service and maintenance of on-board Hardware and Software on refuse collection vehicles. The role may involve significant travel within the UK and overnight stays at customer locations. The successful candidate must be willing to travel at short notice and must be flexible on working hours.
Key Responsibilities- Install, commission and test AMCS hardware and software products including all wiring and mechanical work on refuse collection vehicles
- Troubleshoot, repair and fully test equipment failures in the field.
- Deliver a timely response to our customer base
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance procedures
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for all work completed
- Comply with the AMCS quality standards.
- Monitor the performance of equipment in the field, through data reports, to ensure that it meets both Customers and AMCS's minimum requirements
- Liaise with customers pro-actively to ensure early detection of any problems.
- As part of the Installation/Field Service team, actively engage with other team members for effective knowledge transfer to ensure consistent quality.
- Record and report all service/repair visits correctly using our service ERP system so we can actively meet and/or exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Responsible for actively reporting and exchanging customer experiences and difficulties where you will also identify opportunities with the associated sales people so we can respond accordingly.
- Actively report any complaints encountered to the respective service coordinator and/or the field service manager.
- Accountable for Service parts inventory within the specified territory where you will manage and follow allocated stock inventory in order to maintain a high first time fix rate.
Desired Skills and Experience- HNC/HND in a relevant discipline, must be computer literate
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years experience in a Field Service or Engineering role
- Good diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and to multi-task.
- Have a full clean Driving Licence (HGV licence an advantage)
- Must be able to demonstrate a hands-on approach.
- Must be flexible and able to travel.
- Mechanical, practical hands on experience would be essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - written, verbal, listening.
- Strong understanding of customer service.
- Ability to promote a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks on time
- Ability to solve practical, hands on, technical problems resourcefully
- Self starter with the ability to work independently, accompanied with strong execution and organizational skills
The role will involve significant travel within the UK.
More jobs you may likeField Service Engineer (HP Printers/Laptops/Desktops)
Work From Home Sales Representative, Field Sales- South London - 70,0
Work From Home Sales Representative, Field Sales- West London - 70,00
Work From Home Sales Representative, Field Sales- London - 70,000 OTE
Work From Home Sales Representative, Field Sales- Surrey - 70,000 OTE
Business Development Manager- UK (Any)- Self Employed
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela