Find a job
QA Manager with FMCG experience - Hertfordshire
Job descriptionAre you an experienced QA Manager with solid experience in the FMCG sector? My client is one of the UK's largest foodservice suppliers based in Hertfordshire. Due to internal promotions they are looking for an experienced QA Manager to join their team.
The incumbent will ultimately ensure that the Company complies with all the legal and technical requirements of government legislation and the Company's customers maintaining the Company's BRC grade 'A' accreditation.
You will act as the source of authority in quality and technical matters when dealing with customers, and lead the company's Health and Safety activities.
You will be charged with maintaining BRC Global Standard at Grade A level.- You will have previous experience in managing HACCP team and chair meetings. You will be charged with implementing and maintaining of HACCP system.
- You will manage projects from implementation and compliance throughout the business.
- You will act as the company lead on food safety, quality and hygiene, implementing changes where necessary to comply with customers' and government regulations.
- You will issue and maintain customers' specifications and other documentation and ensure it is adhered to. Maintain a photo library of all finished product standards.
- You must be able to respond to customer complaints, escalating issues where necessary
- You will also have previous experience in leading the QA team, ensuring products are checked online on a routine basis, recording customer specific information as required
- You will work closely with new product development and production teams to ensure that methods and working practises for new products and product changes comply with relevant food safety requirements.
- The incumbent will have to ensure packaging, label and product nutrition information is accurate. Maintain shelf life trials to ensure best before dates are correct.
- The QA Manager will work with purchasing to ensure all suppliers complete a paper audit before supply. Inspect high risk ingredients' suppliers and temporary labour and laundry suppliers before being given approval to purchase.
- You will have previous experience in ensuring Company meets its legal requirements for environmental health issues including pest control, worker health supervision and other matters.
- You will ensure metal detectors corrected calibrated and maintained and Markem labelling system correctly working and maintained.
- Responsible for devising and implementing the Company's hygiene policy and procedures, and working with the hygiene supervisor to ensure these are implemented correctly.
- Ensure pest control is correctly implemented.
- Ensure all staff have food safety and food allergen training.
- Ensure health and safety training, including manual handling and dangerous machinery training as appropriate for their duties.
- Ensure supervisors and team leaders have HACCP training and complete necessary documentation.
Support the Senior Technical Manager on Health and Safety issues.
- Ensure Company's records in all areas of technical, safety, training etc. are kept in a consistent and thorough manner.
- Any other duties as requested from time to time.
Requirements- Food science graduate
- Excellent written and verbal skills including fluency in English
- IT literate
- Must have experience of and a good technical knowledge of supermarkets' food safety requirements and a working knowledge of their IT systems
- Excellent leadership skills with the confidence to use their authority to ensure full compliance by factory personnel of all relevant food safety and technical requirement
- A 'hands on' leadership style with excellent attention to detail and ability to lead customer site visits.
Agency: UCA Consulting Contact Name: Richard Lalchan Contact Email:Telephone:Industry: Manufacturing Job Type: Permanent Location: Hertfordshire Salary: Up to 34k depending on experience
More jobs you may likeSales Account Manager (account management and new sales) WFH
Automation QA - Finance - London - 55-65K Package and Bonus
Engineering Team Leader (Nights) - FMCG experience
Adobe Analytics Manager Global Digital Publisher
Test Engineer / Specialist
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela