Find a job
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Security - Warwick
Job descriptionThe UK's fastest growing and largest independent energy supplier is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with experience in Networks and cloud based security to join their expanding team. First Utility is committed to helping customers reduce their energy bills through the use of innovative technology, by offering cheaper tariffs and campaigning for industry change. This opening comes at an exciting stage and offers a fantastic opportunity for you to be part of a team hungry to make a difference.
We are the 'Growing Business Awards' Growing Business of the Year 2014 and the only energy company to have been listed in the fast track 100 for four consecutive years
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, the Technical operations team are seeking an experienced security infrastructure engineer to put into effect the day to day management of First Utilities network and infrastructure security.
As part of the security group within Technical Operations (This includes; Infrastructure Manager, IT Risk and Assurance Manager, Principal Tech Ops Engineer), you will help implement the security strategy, offer technical insight into security options and be the primary enabler of the agreed policies and actions.
This will be a hands on role not only playing a part in the security strategy but initiation and roll out. As a Knowledge expert you will be a single point of authority across all ares of IT security.
Areas of specific responsibility
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Be a point of authority for internal and external IT network and endpoint security.
- Manage and improve detection and prevention measures.
- Manage the change control process relating to networks and endpoint security.
- Carry out upgrades across the network infrastructure where required.
- Involvement in capacity planning.
- Involvement in provision of disaster recovery.
- Ongoing project work in support of above.
Customer Service and Relations
- Manage expectations so that priorities and timescales are understood.
- Monitor levels of security and response to security incidents.
- Systems availability and performance is the measure against which the whole department is judged
The desirable candidate will have
- Proven record of Network security experience
- Excellent diagnostic skills; good at thinking problems through and producing solutions.
- Calm and precise, capable of asking questions that extract meaningful information to aid with problem resolution.
- Add technical insight to help the team's security processes and policies evolution.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and with 3rd Parties.
- Firewall appliance expert with Cisco and Juniper experience.
- Expert in all layers of ISO network inc. TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, HTTP and other L7 protocols.
- Knowledge and understanding of encryption technologies.
- AWS Security, Direct connect and Virtual Private Networks awareness.
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows server operating system security.
- You will aim to be Pioneering and Engaging to suggest new ideas and be able to evidence that you are reliable and straightforward to implement what is needed.
As well as a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary, you'll also enjoy 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension, option to purchase childcare vouchers, and become eligible for our staff energy tariff along with other great ad-hoc offers
We believe in putting energy into looking after our teams, so you'll benefit from BUPA Private Healthcare, cycle to work scheme, a great working environment with relaxation areas to recharge your batteries and free soft drinks available all day. We also have "Fruity Friday" where fresh fruit is available every week for all employees.
You will be part of a team covering 0800hrs - 1800hrs, Monday - Friday, plus being part of a 24 x 7 on-call rota. There is also some Saturday working from time to time based on business requirements.
Key Words: Infrastructure, Infrastructure Engineer, Security, Network Security, TCP/IP.
More jobs you may likeTechnology Architect
Group ICT Infrastructure Lead / Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Security Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Specialist (Identity)
Senior Infrastructure and Reliability Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela