Find a job
Technical Architect - Earth Observation - Leatherhead
Technical Architect - Earth Observation
With over 36 years in the industry, CGI Space is a rapidly growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Earth Observation, Satcoms and Spacecraft Operations domains. We currently have around 500 members working on projects in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands. We are seeking to expand our team of professionals with opportunities at a variety of levels to service our clients' needs and to explore and implement new business opportunities in Space.
We are looking for a Technical Architect with Earth Observation experience to join us in Leatherhead, Surrey to work on Space projects for a variety of major clients including European Space Agency, Inmarsat, ECMWF, Eumetsat and Airbus. Our Technical Architects typically work in teams alongside, designers and testers against client requirements using industry standards to implement some of Europe's most exciting IT projects. We encourage our Technical Architects to understand the full project lifecycle in order to provide the best solutions to our clients' needs.
As an Earth Observation Technical Architect you would be required to work in a key role in supporting and growing the Earth Observation (EO) business, which includes designing and developing solutions as part of both business development and project delivery. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the requirements definition, system design and development and integration efforts for our client's projects. Our clients include European Space Agency (ESA), ECMWF and EUMETSAT. You must be able to work to high standards of quality, and to agreed timescales independently or as part of a team.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Requirements analysis and Requirements definition
* Being a proactive member of the design team, propose or analyse a high level technical solution to comply with the requirements
* Working on the detailed design of the proposed solution that includes definition of interfaces, technology stack and documentation
* Rapid prototyping including evaluation of Open Source Software (OSS) components and COTS
* Providing guidance to the development and testing teams with hands on involvement when required
* Raising observation reports for bugs/anomalies in the system requirements and the system being tested.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Bachelors or higher degree in remote sensing or Information technology or Computer science or any relevant discipline
* At least 3 years software development experience using programming languages like Java, Python, C# etc.
* At least 3 years of experience in working with Linux systems
* Experience in a responsible software design role and working across the design,
development and testing lifecycle
* Experience of using open source technologies and tools
* Experience in working with EO data exploitation tools, whether commercial or open-source,
for example ESRI, GDAL, QGIS, Sentinel Toolboxes or relevant tools
* Know-how of EO data processing, from receipt of source data to delivery of final product or
* Experience in working with organizations like ESA, ECMWF, EUMETSAT
* Integration of EO data with other data sources, such as in-situ, airborne, GNSS or Satcoms
* Experience of meteorological or climate data products processing and analysis
* Experience in working or developing applications using cloud APIs from one or more public
You should also have strong analytical skills, be self-motivated and able to tackle technical assignments and problem solving without support from others. You must have strong written and presentation skills, with excellent attention to detail.
This role is based in Leatherhead and will require full time attendance at our Leatherhead offices. This role includes the opportunity for some occasional international travel to client sites, especially within Europe. Starting salaries depend on the current level of expertise and experience. Our roles require Security Clearance to SC Level, so you must have lived and worked in the EU for the past 5 years, and be willing to obtain this level of clearance if you do not already have it. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at .
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
More jobs you may likePrincipal Mechancial Engineer (Electronics Company) - Chippenham
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Lead Software Engineer - Java Developer
Solutions Architect - AWS
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela