Find a job
IT Technical Support Engineer - Farnborough
Job descriptionThis growing managed service provider and Microsoft Partner is looking for an experienced technical support engineer to join their professional yet friendly team in Farnborough, Hampshire. As a technical support engineer, you will be expected to deliver onsite and remote technical support, outstanding customer service and project delivery to their key customers. You must have proven experience in a previous support role whilst customer facing support and project delivery experience is desirable but not essential.
There is a salary bracket of 20,000 to 30,000 for this role, exceptions may be made dependant on experience.
They provide an open and friendly place to work and they pride themselves on the satisfaction their team delivers to their customers. For the right candidate this role provides an excellent opportunity to progress throughout the company all the way up to consultant or managerial levels.
The successful candidate will have access to Microsoft qualification and training whilst also working daily with industry leading technologies such as Office 365, Azure, Virtualisation, WatchGuard UTM firewalls and much more.
Desired Expertise Required:
- Experience with Small, Medium Business sized customers.
- Face to face customer support skills.
- Provision of IT technical support, within defined Service Level Agreements.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Managing several open tasks at one time.
- Troubleshooting knowledge and skills - Microsoft qualification desirable.
- Good understanding of ITIL/Service Management.
The successful candidate should possess some of the below technical expertise:
- Core Networking - Basic LAN Connectivity, Basic WAN Connectivity, Patch Panel and Switch Management, DNS (Windows and Public), Windows DHCP, Routers / Firewalls, Wireless.
- Windows File Sharing - File Shares, Offline Files, Folder Redirection.
- Windows Printer Sharing.
- Group Policy.
- Security - Anti-Virus, Anti-Virus Exceptions.
- Remote Access - Windows PPTP VPN, Site to Site VPN, WatchGuard SSLVPN.
- Basic Hyper-V Virtualisation Administration.
- Active Directory Administration.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 -> 2013 Administration.
- Office 365 Administration (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, Licensing)
- Desktop Operating Systems - Windows 7 -> Windows 10
- Server Operation Systems - Windows Server 2008 R2 -> Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Office Packages - 2010 -> 2016
They are a growing managed service provider and Microsoft Partner with offices in Farnborough and Leeds delivering quality technical support and primarily Microsoft based solutions to their expanding customer base. They work proactively and efficiently to ensure their customers environments remain optimal whilst being ready to react in case of emergency.
More jobs you may likeTechnical Architect
x2 Salesforce Technical Architect - London and UK wide
Automotive Project Engineer - Electrical Systems
Integration and Workflow Developer, London, 45,000-55,000
Electrical System Integration Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela