Find a job
UX/UI Designer - Devon. - Exeter
Title: UX/UI Designer.
Location: Exeter. Relocation assistance is provided.
Term: Full time, Permanent.
Salary: highly competitive, dependent on experience.
Start Date: ASAP, client will wait for the right person.
Outline The client is developing an extraordinary new technology that is redefining the limits of what the users can achieve and is helping the client figure out what works (and what doesn't) in their specialist field. The client's platform for uses custom built content and a powerful, data-driven web and mobile framework to deliver a unique set of software applications for the users.
Job description. This is an exciting opportunity for a UX/UI designer with passion and creativity to become an essential part of the client's team. At the core, the UI/UX role is responsible for understanding their product, business and technical requirements and goals and converting them into visually appealing, engaging, highly usable and user centered web and mobile interfaces for their platforms.
You'll work closely with the Digital Designer and key stake holders including both product and development teams to create and implement high quality graphics, UI elements and workflow designs that will be flexible to support display and interaction across multiple browsers, screen sizes, platforms and devices. You'll be charged with bringing the data presented within the applications to life. This is an exciting opportunity for experienced and motivated design gurus to pursue career opportunities in a fast-growing and dynamic organization.
* Executing UI/UX design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Collaborating on user experience planning with the developers.
* Reinforce consistent design patterns across platforms.
* Conduct consistent usability testing to validate designs.
* Research the latest UI/UX and interaction concepts, presentation layer technologies, digital best practices, online trends, etc., and provide recommendations.
* Create production ready UI/UX interfaces.
* Operate in an iterative and agile manner.
About you. The client is looking for someone to help bring their material to life, producing content that is engaging and enjoyable. You will be able to naturally work quickly and collaboratively: proactive, dynamic and enthusiastic with the ability to multi-task and focus on the detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture. You'll thrive under pressure and be used to fast paced environments where deadlines are tight. In addition, you can adapt in the face of changing priorities and a fluctuating workload.
You're a great team member who can work with the wider team. You will have the ability to focus on differing priorities, whilst always retaining attention to detail and accuracy.
In terms of specifics, the list below gives an overview of some of the skills and experiences there looking for:
* A relevant bachelors degree.
* Solid portfolio demonstrating modern design savvy.
* Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies and the design process.
* Must have a good eye for aesthetics: layout, grid systems, colour theory and typography.
* Experience designing infographics and other data visualizations is a must.
* Experience of using design tools such as Illustrator, Adobe CS, Creative Cloud suites, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure.
* Excellent time-management, multi-tasking and communication skills.
* Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time, including adhoc projects as they come up, under timeline pressure.
* Able to integrate UX into Agile development practices.
* Quick learner and self-starter - willing to learn and apply new knowledge.
* Design experience in the education sector.
The Office: The client's generous benefits include substantial holiday leave and the chance to join their company pension. They have a range of on-site facilities for all employees to use free of charge including gym and multiple exercise facilities, games room, a pool table, a caf that serves good local organic food. There is a good team spirit and as a whole get involved in a number of events and support local charities.
For more information re this exciting opportunity please call Laura Ramm or email your CV to (see below)
More jobs you may likeSoftware Engineer (C )
Ruby on Rails Developer (Ruby on Rails) - South West England
UX/UI Designer - Devon
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela