Find a job
Senior Manager of Accounting Advisory and Policy (AAP) - London - London
Senior Manager of Accounting Advisory and Policy (AAP) required by Cognizant for a new role based in London to support our UK and Central European region. This position is part of the Global AVP, Accounting Advisory and Policy (AAP) group.
The successful candidate will have significant interaction with the Director Accounting Advisory and Policy, as well as, interaction with Directors within the AVP Accounting Advisory and Policy group.
As a Senior Manager of AAP you will:- Assist in providing technical accounting advice, analysis, and support on the appropriate application of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) to Company finance personnel to our UK and Central European region. The Senior Manager will assist in assessments of accounting implications of proposed transactions, as well as proposed accounting rule changes being considered by Standard setters.
- Assist in updating and maintaining Company accounting policy manual, designing and establishing accounting process and procedures (US GAAP).
- Assist with providing technical accounting research, white papers and SEC comment letter responses.
- Assist in monitoring SEC, FASB and IFRS initiatives. Perform sensitivity analysis as to how new developments may impact the current business and financial statements.
- Provide consultation and accounting guidance to other global corporate functions, including: Tax, Mergers and Acquisitions, Large Deal Teams, Revenue Team and FP and A.
- Assist with large deal and complex deal negotiations in the UK and Central European region including: joint ventures, business combinations, consolidation and equity distribution arrangements.
- Collaborate with our revenue recognition team on large and complex deal negotiations in the UK and Central European region involving software revenue recognition, leasing, software capitalization and joint IT roadmaps.
- Provide U.S. GAAP technical accounting support and audit support to the UK and Central European region and the external reporting group at the consolidated group level.
- Assist with oversight of U.S. GAAP to local GAAP reconciliations for foreign subsidiaries.
- Assist with various projects tasked to the AVP Accounting Advisory and Policy designed to improve our worldwide financial reporting processes.
- Assist with coaching and developing others within the larger Global Controllership group.
Your experience will include:
Proven experience in public accounting (Big 4) as a highly rated staff with experience working for large public international clients.
In addition and ideal candidate would also have demonstrable experience within an accounting policy group or as local technical resource.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:- Exposure to other multinational providers of IT, consulting and business process services is a plus.
- Experience working with other multinational companies with large Indian subsidiaries is a plus.
- Policy or project management of accounting policy implementation is a plus.
- Exposure to IFRS is a plus.
- A successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and driven to perform at the peak of his or her abilities.
- Flexibility, professionalism and adaptability are a must.
- Proven research skills, analytic abilities, written skills, computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and strong organizational skills.
- Proven people skills, working successfully in team context with co-workers, and senior management.
- Able to project manage and manage processes remotely.
- Possess high attention to detail.
BA or BS degree and CPA required.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 255,800 employees as of September 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S and P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Cognizant.
More jobs you may likeSENIOR MANAGER - RISK (CREDIT AND OPERATIONAL)
Senior HR Manager
Business Process Design Senior Manager - Banking
Senior Project Portfolio Manager
Senior Analytics Manager/ Analytics Director
Senior Category and Procurement Manager - NHS
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela