Find a job
Accounting Senior Manager - Birmingham
Looking for a Senior Manager to join the business services and accounting team within a Global accounting firm
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for providing leadership to the team, managing a portfolio of clients and supporting Partners. This includes planning, monitoring, reviewing work of junior members and taking a proactive responsibility for business development and marketing initiatives. You will also take a lead on ensuring the successful implementation of national strategy and initiatives.
The employee will be mainly based in Birmingham with no more than one day a week in Nottingham.
Technical - Act as a lead on larger and more complex client assignments. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the partner.
- Key Account Management and responsibility for own portfolio of clients including client take on procedures, agreeing scope, fee negotiations, control of billings and cash collections within the firm's criteria.
- Financial measurement and management, including portfolio profitability
- Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of the BS and A services delivered.
- Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters
- Keeps up to date with all technical developments in order to ensure continued excellent delivery of services to the client.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
Commercial - Contributes to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
- Play a key role in supporting Partners in all group sales and marketing activity, including leading client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate
- Win work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting new BS and A and non-BS and A clients.
- Demonstrates overall client ownership and ensures the highest standards in others
- Proactively takes potentially valuable ideas to the client
- Acts as a collaborative client manager and applies a managed clients approach
- Develops innovative solutions to the commercial challenges of the client
- Communicates effectively to ensure client expectations are managed appropriately
- Builds a pipeline of potential new work in their own right
- Lead in department business development strategy and actively involves others in their business development activities
- Has a written personal development plan and is making it happen
- Is able to undertake meaningful business discussions with clients at all levels
- Is beginning to develop an area of specialism and knowledge
- Openly shares their expertise both internally and externally
Personal - Act as a mentor to junior managers and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals.
- Gives time to other people to help them solve their issues
- Robust under pressure and manages multiple project/activities
- Involves and consults with more senior people when needed
- Can lead difficult conversations and deliver constructive feedback
- Ensures high quality work without micro managing others
- Open to change and adopting new approaches
Requirements - ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent overseas qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS/FRS102 and relevant sector accounting frameworks
- Strong experience of partnership accounts - Business Development experience - proven ability to identify and convert opportunities to sell work and increase profitability
- Proven ability in managing and developing staff ie coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, and recruiting.
- Has a well established professional network
Your new company
Our client is an award-winning, professional services firm as part of the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. They specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Their strength in the market place is mirrored in their achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of their recent accolades. Their people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with their clients is at the forefront of their service approach and you'll find that our client is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
More jobs you may likeFinance Manager
Financial Accountant - Birmingham
Group (Senior) Auditor - FTSE 100
Audit Graduate Trainee - 2017
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela