Find a job
Junior IT Support - Bromsgrove
If you're the junior IT support member we are looking for...
You'll be friendly, enthusiastic, curious about IT and have an obvious willingness to learn.
You'll be able to speak calmly and clearly with many different types of people, usually over the phone but sometimes in person.
You'll be responsible for 5 major roles at Electro-comm Digital:
* server and PC builds, and eventually designing and building the build systems.
* pro-active health checks, using your increasing skills to fix issues before they come up.
* working with the project lead to upgrade our customers' systems
* ensuring our customers have warranties, the correct invoicing, the right user counts, etc
* receiving and filtering calls, then logging jobs for problems you haven't been able to fix
This means you'll:
* have a good phone manner, because you will be our face to the customer - how they hear you is how they'll think of us.
* be able to follow technical instructions, because your team leads will teach you anything you don't know on the job.
* be careful and conscientious, because you know that randomness breaks Servers and makes problems harder to solve later.
* like to complete tasks and be able to stay focused until it is resolved and the customer is happy.
* be curious and willing to learn about IT, and interested or passionate about something to do with IT.
* want a career in IT (engineering, support, project management or architecture), because training is provided to those with a great attitude to learning.
* want more than just a job; you will want to earn money for your interest in IT, and learn skills and build experience that add to your career.
If this is you, you'll genuinely like IT - for you it's not just a job. We love Geeks and Nerds who can also talk properly with customers. Also, our people have outside interests and passions. Our people aren't luke warm: they have things they like and are happy to tell people about. That's the sort of people you'll be, and be working with.
Lastly, you'll apply any skills you already have in IT Support, and ideally have worked previously in a similar role, but experience is not mandatory. If you have any experience of 1st, 2nd or 3rd line support - either on-site or remote - this will help and we'll reward you accordingly. If you've never worked in an IT role like this, then you'll have a great attitude to learning that makes up for it, and a commitment to getting up to speed as fast as possible.
If you believe this to be you, be ready to show me NOW, or at the very latest before 5pm this Thursday.
About our company
Electro-comm Digital Services has just been bought by an investment group that is buying and consolidating IT companies in the UK. This means there are lots of roles opening up for great people. Our CEO prefers to grow and develop people from inside the company, so if you feel like the descriptions above describe you, then this could end up more than just a job.
We are building globally scaled IT services that are great. The people we hire are people who can get enthusiastic about that mission.
The CEO of Electro-comm is a successful IT Enterprise Architect with a career of senior consulting positions in IBM, Infosys and TCS, as well as having worked for both huge and small companies. He has trained many in his teams who went on to senior roles as project managers, engineering specialists, architects and consultants. The owner is bringing this experience to grow and improve each business being bought, and to develop the talent working in each company.
Where we are.
Currently the first business is in Bromsgrove near Birmingham, with new locations due to open shortly.
What we do.
We are an IT Services company. We help people maintain and change our customers' IT. We look after all types of devices and technologies, meaning you will get exposure to networking, storage, operating systems, phones, telecoms and customer specific applications. Your future customers range from International Music distribution to Hazardous Waste firms.
What makes us different from other IT companies.
We have a strong desire to grow, and have a very experienced leadership team, and a solid business strategy to make that happen. This means lots opportunities to grow and delevep for the right people.
How do you apply?
Don't just fling a CV.
How you sound on the phone is important to us. That's why we prefer to read a CV after have heard you on the phone, so give us a call.
Tell us what you like about IT.
Tell us what you already know about IT, and what you want to learn.
Tell us why you want a job in IT, compared to all the other areas or industries available
Tell us about yourself and what you're passionate about.
If we like what we hear, we'll bring you into our team and help you develop your IT career.
1st line support
2nd line support
Microsoft Windows support
More jobs you may likeEntry Level/Junior/Graduate Unity Games Developer
Mid-Level C# Developer
CAD Co-Ordinator (BIM)
Web Developer - PHP
Web Developer - PHP
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela