Find a job
Senior Java SOA Application Developer - Bensenville, IL
The Senior Application Developer - Integration plays a key technical leadership role on critical software projects. Your primary responsibility is to design and develop SOA solutions, including web services running on an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
The Senior Application Developer - Integration collaborates with business partners and strategic vendors to deliver cost effective, timely and customer-focused solutions, and provides technical leadership of integration software development from design and development through to implementation and support.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities- Design and develop SOA solutions including SOAP and RESTful based web services using an ESB, Java and other key technologies.
- Collaborate with end users and project team members on development of requirements and design of applications.
- Perform a technical lead role for the Integration team on projects, as needed. Work with the Principal Developer(s) to develop time estimates for project deliverables.
- Ensure all integration software delivered aligns with Integration team's standards and best practices.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, assisting in the evaluation and implementation of new ideas or tools.
- Identify and communicate potential risks, issues and roadblocks to various stakeholders in a timely manner. Advise Principal Developer(s) and manager of these as appropriate, to include providing options to remediate such items.
- Perform and participate in peer design and code reviews, and verify traceability back to the technical requirements.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, current issues, trends and tools affecting application development within the SOA space.
Experience and Educational Requirements- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related degree is required.
- 5 years of development experience, working in a Unix environment, developing software using integration technologies (including ESB, Java, XML, SOAP, REST and SQL) and the Oracle database.
- 5 years of experience working within an SDLC, designing, developing and testing various software applications.
- Experience partnering with Development, QA, and other internal teams to review, inspect, document, and ensure the quality of software products being tested and eventually implemented.
- Experience in several aspects of IT Service Management, including Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management. Experience using tools supporting these efforts, including BMC Remedy.
- Experience in developing and testing software, including supporting the QA team and helping to troubleshoot defects in order to arrive at the root cause (Root Cause Analysis). Experience using tools supporting these efforts, including SQL, SoapUI, and HP Quality Center.
- In-depth knowledge of standard web technologies, including app Servers, web Servers, databases, browsers, etc.
- Knowledge of ESB, Java, XML, REST, SOAP, web services, and web applications.
- Stay abreast with all current technologies used within Integration, and provide technical leadership to peers and junior team members.
- Ability to work on parallel product releases, with multiple QA and development teams.
- Strong organizational skills including good time management, prioritizing tasks, estimating activities, and meeting deadlines. Must effectively prioritize own work, and the work of their team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and with a strong desire to learn and share information with others.
- Able to provide technical leadership to other team members to facilitate in their technical delivery.
- Effective at building good working relationships with business partners and project team members in a Matrix organization.
- Strong attention to detail, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry is preferred.
More jobs you may likeSenior Java Developer
Senior Java Agile Software Engineer
Senior Java Agile Software Engineer
Senior Java Web Services Product Developer
Senior Application Developer - Integration
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela