Find a job
Senior Citrix Engineer SME - Chicago, IL
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Citrix Engineer with strong XenApp experience. Candidate is responsible for the overall direction, development, enhancement and maintenance of the enterprise Citrix environment. This includes analysis, planning, development and implementation of new features and enhancements to provide required levels of service to the organization. The engineer will direct supporting resources and vendors to ensure that all equipment is properly installed, configured, secured, and maintained. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly server infrastructure, critical business applications, and the overall end user experience when using Citrix as the application delivery mechanism.
Responsibilities:- Responsible for innovation roadmaps, maintenance scheduling, life cycle management, and capacity management for the Citrix environment and related dependent technologies.
- Primarily responsible for the design, implementation, and support of solutions related to Citrix projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day administration, planning, and problem-solving for the Citrix XenApp environment on a 24x7 basis.
- Identify inefficiencies, gaps and issues, and drive the analysis and documentation of technical requirements for enterprise Citrix XenApp architecture, guiding adoption of and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for keeping track of existing XenApp, ThinPrint, Wyse, and Terminal Services license and resource usage, trending and capacity planning for future growth.
- Responsible for providing Disaster Recovery solutions as it relates to the XenApp Environment by developing and maintaining a library of procedures for disaster recovery documentation.
- Responsible for performance tuning and providing a high availability XenApp environment to eliminate single points of failure.
- Manage SDP ticket queue; own, and escalate issues through resolution.
- Work with Windows/Server team on virtualization initiatives.
- Accurately maintain all documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts etc.
- Ensures IT Leadership is aware of all known and identified risks to system availability, performance, reliability and security.
- Generate results through others (such as partners, vendors, contractors)
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:- Bachelor of Science with a major in Management or Information Technology required, or equivalent on-the-job experience
- 8 years of experience working in Citrix environment, with at least 5 years' experience designing/implementing/administrating enterprise Windows/Citrix XenApp environments (5.0 and above)
- 4 years of experience managing and working in a highly virtualized x86 environment
- Influential leadership skills to gain results through others
- Must be forward-thinking, creative and results-oriented
- Expert knowledge of Citrix XenApp, MS Active Directory and OS technologies
- Expert knowledge of Windows Active Directory Domains integration and interaction with the network, Group Policy, Anti-Virus applications, DHCP, DNS, and WINS
- Experience with ThinPrint technologies
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:- CCE-V and CCP-V preferred
- Citrix CCIA or CCEE preferred
- Citrix CCA certification (XenApp 6.0 or 7.6) preferred
- Citrix XenServer, XenApp and XenDesktop virtual desktop, Citrix provisioning server experience a plus
- MCITP, MCSE and MCTS certifications preferred
- Current VCP certification
- Knowledge of VMware ESXi 5.0/5.1/5.5
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012
- Good understanding on Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage, storage system capacity and performance, fiber channel, NFS, iSCSI, and FCOE protocols.
More jobs you may likeSenior Citrix Engineer Architect
Senior Citrix XenApp Engineer/Architect
Senior Citrix Engineer, SME
Senior Citrix Architect, SME
Senior Network Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela