Find a job
IT Cisco Network Engineer and System Administrator - Chicago, IL
The IT Networking System Administrator serves as technical staff to support a broad range of enterprise-wide systems and infrastructure. Responsible in assisting with gathering requirements, design, implementation, integration, testing, deployment, training, maintenance and support of systems hardware, software and related peripherals and infrastructure. The ideal candidate would be a well-organized, efficient, highly motivated and self-driven individual that would continuously strive to improve upon core business processes while maintaining alignment with overall business strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:- Performs desktop, networking, server and peripheral hardware installations and upgrades including all requirements gathering, asset management, as well as end user training and orientation.
- Performs network, desktop, server and peripheral operating system and software installations and upgrades including all requirements gathering, asset management, as well as end user training and orientation.
- Administer corporate mobile workforce; provision tablets, cellular phones and related technology.
- Provides technical support to end users.
- Ownership of a closed loop system to track and complete work orders as required to support the business.
- Regular reporting to management of system performance and downtime, including work order backlog and response time.
- Assists in defining scope, requirements, design, implementation, integration, testing and deployment, training, maintenance and support procedures.
- Identifies the opportunities for improvement in business processes and systems.
- Involvement in all aspects of the information systems processes.
- Follows company procedures and helps create and maintain relevant documentation.
- Analyzes user requests for data and generates reporting.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Complies with and is an advocate of the company's Environmental Policy and Procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to diagnose and resolve hardware/software conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Attention to detail and strong communication/listening skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
REQUIREMENTS:- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with Networking, WAN, LAN, Wireless, Cisco networking equipment
- 5 years of industry experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with desktop operating systems; Microsoft Windows 7/10.
- Experience with server operating systems; Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2.
- Experience working with ERP Systems; Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred.
- Experience with relational databases, data analysis, data warehousing/business intelligence, data base maintenance and performance tuning; Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- Other notable experience with internal IT systems such as VMware, Microsoft Office365, Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services, Distributed File Systems, Document Imaging Solutions and any other relevant systems.
- From time to time, the position will need to be available outside of regular business hours to support network updates, as well as, support in the field.
More jobs you may likeSenior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Architect
Senior Cisco VOIP Engineer UCC
Cisco Network Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela