Find a job
Lead Network Engineer CCIE - Charlotte, NC
Lead Network Engineer CCIE
Prestigious Fortune 500 Organization is seeking a Lead Network Engineer with a CCIE. The Network Engineer (NE) Expert oversees and reviews efforts to research, design, plan, and maintain new or existing network hardware and software technology components. The NE Sr. Technician utilizes advanced systems, Scripting and developer skills to develop methodologies to implement, orchestrate, and maintain new and emerging enterprise-wide systems hardware/software technology components. The role also creates, reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan.
The Network Engineer - Expert possesses deep knowledge of more than one Enterprise Network Technologies including Routing/Switching, Server Load Balancing, Wireless technologies, Cloud integration, and Network Management tools. S/he will also be knowledgeable of industry trends in network technology, and have good understanding of the interaction between network and other technologies including Windows, Storage, AWS, Azure, Oracle, Big Data, and VMWare. The Network Engineer - Sr. Technician leads creation of network standards, and is able to apply them in support of present and future business needs within the Company environment.
Oversee all technology aspects of Networking for Company, maintaining a perspective of the how the industry is heading, talking to other companies, and bringing back to Company other customer stories.
Create and maintain roadmaps for innovation and product life cycles, including the year to year budget, which is presented on a bi annual basis to leadership.
Create standardized solutions that are documented and provide training to staff.
Inclusive of recommending technologies, evaluating technologies, implementing one or more of these in a proof of concept, and then transitioning the work to peers or a fulfillment team for completion.
Maintain adjustments to the standards so that the software configuration provide the highest security and availability.
Develop, plan, and implement highly complex change, sign off on less complex changes, and monitor changes as needed depending on delegations.
Ability to present written or verbal communications to senior leadership, inclusive of resource requirements or budgeting forecast.
Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services and components.
Collaborate with operations to address concerns with mean time to repair, which could be used to perform incident avoidance.
Ability to automate or orchestrate network technologies, so that we can speed our deliver or operations, using common tools at noted in the skills requirements.
Superior analytical skills.
Oversee and drive effort to analyze highly complex problems and solution alternatives.
Recommend best alternatives and implement upon approval.
Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
Provide coaching and direction for more junior engineers, serving as Subject Matter Expert for network requirements within assigned areas of responsibility.
Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
Develop plans to meet required service levels; coordinate capacity requirements, design data collection and reporting mechanisms for application/infrastructure health reporting.
- Education required: College degree or equivalent work experience
- Certification required: Maintain a current CCIE
- Proven experience designing and managing a large enterprise or ISP
- 7 years of experience with enterprise network systems
- Routing (Complex BGP, OSPF, route redistribution, VRF lite, Static routing, route maps, ECMP)
- Switching (PVST , RSPT preferred, MST, MLAG)
- QOS - CBWFQ, Policing, Shaping, troubleshooting
- Multicast (PIM-SM)
- Protocol analysis ( TCP/IP required, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SIP)
- VPN's (Point to Point Vpn's, Dmvpn)
- Security risk mitigation
- End of life planning and budgeting
- Experience with Network management integration with SNMP, Syslog, and event handling
- Experience in Python Scripting and Rest API
- Service Level Management - developing SLA's and quantifying Availability of the Network.
- System admin experience (Linux)
- Experience installing a Data center SDN, Cisco ACI, Cumulus, or other, into production
- Ability to design, install and configure F5 products.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain the F5 technology within an enterprise production environment.
- Experience with GSLB, F5 LTM and GTM is required.
- Integrating Networks into the Cloud, such as AWS and Azure
- Cisco and Arista data center switching
- Network Security, 802.1X, port security, DAI, DHCP spoofing, NAT, IPSEC, Firewall management
More jobs you may likeLead Network Engineer CCIE
Lead Network Engineer, CCIE
Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network and DNS Engineer
Certified CCIE - (Sr. Network Security Engineer)
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela