Find a job
Senior Back-End Software Engineer - Seattle, WA
Stability meets Agility.
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global (NASDAQ:CDK) is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail industry. CDK Global provides solutions in more than 100 countries, serving more than 27,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers.
CDK Global's solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
From data scientists to sales and operations experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
You are a passionate and experienced software engineer focused on building great products that scale. You have a demonstrated passion for innovation. You are interested in applying machine learning to real business problems. You do not shy from the challenge to building complex services in high-volume environments. You believe in applying microservice architectures and technologies, such as Docker containers, to facilitate Continuous Delivery.
At CDK Global we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at CDK Global.
As a mid to senior-level software engineer you will be a founding engineer for new team chartered to enhance our display-advertising product. The team will start to improve our product by addressing critical challenging problems: Real Time ad impression cost estimation, fraud management and offers management. Each of these capabilities need to be highly scalable with high-throughput, and will be built using modern machine-learning and event-based technologies. This is a hands-on position, and the person will actively develop product code for the real world. The person will contribute new ideas and thought leadership on code craftsmanship and applying modern technologies and techniques to our product engineering. The person will work directly with other product and infrastructure engineering groups. Additionally they will work with product management to keep our programs modern and scalable in terms of both operation and execution.- Build system to estimate Real Time impression cost (CPM or cost per thousand) and feed into advertising platform to dramatically improve product performance.
- Build an industry-leading fraud management for display advertising.
- Rebuild new, consolidated Offers management system.
- Pioneer the creation of a high-volume reactive machine learning system.
- Champion the continued evolution CDK's microservices and container (docker and coreos) architectures.
- Coach other developers on engineering and agile practices.
- Be an advocate for the customer, whether she is a consumer, dealer, OEM or a member of CDK's services team.
QUALIFICATIONS:- BS/MS in CS, EE or equivalent technical field
- Strong experience build Internet-based products using agile techniques
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- 3 - 6 years of proven, hands-on success in the Back End of large-scale event-based systems
- At least 3 years of daily experience programming in Java, Scala or comparable language
- Demonstrated passion for learning new technologies and architectures and applying that knowledge to substantial, production-ready systems
- Proficient with domain-driven design concepts, NoSQL, required, substantial experience with OOD methodologies preferable.
- Familiarity of developing and managing systems hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with Microservices architectural style and considerations.
- Familiarity with Continuous Deployment tools, techniques and processes.
- Awareness of Docker and other container techniques.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
CDK Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We believe that diversity in all aspects of business leads to strength.
More jobs you may likeManager in Training
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Django Software Engineer
Senior Django Software Engineer - Search Algorithm
Senior Water/Wastewater Project Manager
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela