Find a job
Senior IT Infrastructure Architect - Chicago, IL
Prestigious Institution in Chicago is seeking their IT Infrastructure Architect, with experience in large enterprise environments.
The Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for:- Developing technology roadmaps to ensure technology standards are aligned with overall infrastructure frameworks.
- Minimize system integration complexity while maintaining System reliability and business continuity objectives.
- Leads the strategic technology transformation initiative and maps out strategies to leverage virtualization technologies in server, storage, application and networking environments.
Leadership and Results - Demonstrates ability to solve complex problems with technology and takes personal responsibility for technical solutions.
Technical Skills and Presence - The technical authority in multiple areas of IS. Understands the strategic direction of the organization and the supporting IT systems and system architecture.
Leads technology innovation - Implements improved technical solutions. Designs and implements innovative solutions to advance business opportunities.
Teacher and Mentor - Actively seeks, provides or coordinates internal or external training for IS employees. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and mentors system engineers on technical specialties.
Technical Strategic Planning - Coordinates development of technical standards and processes between IS and business areas. Demonstrates ability to translate organizational structures to technical architectures. Understands the impact of technology, biomedical devices and applications on facilities.
Technical Alignment to Business Needs and Technical Solutions - Practical approach to solving business needs with optimal technical approach. Advocates for appropriate bleeding edge technologies to solve business problems.
Quality and Initiative - Aligns and leads technical projects that have met quality standards for production. Ability to apply out of the box thinking. Investigates areas for quality standards and decreases numbers of defects. Implements standard repeatable processes.
Position Qualifications Include:- ITIL certified, technical certifications in VMware, Citrix, Windows, UNIX-AIX, and Enterprise storage (HDS/EMC).
- BS/BA degree in computer science, information systems, health care or related fields required.
- 5 -10 years of experience in managing Enterprise Infrastructures running Windows and Unix OS platforms
- Eight or more years of experience with Enterprise Storage Area Networks (HDS and EMC)
- Extensive experience with developing strategies to provide highly reliable data center operations facilities leveraging data replication, server clustering, load balancing technologies.
- Experience with developing three and five year financial plans to aligned technology selection with TCO and ROI objectives.
- Experience in managing a complete Project Life Cycle process including but not limited to project; Request-Discovery- Planning-Delivery and Closure milestones.
- Proven record with developing collaborative partnerships with organizations' business stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in managing vendor relationships, procurement contracts, support contracts, and maintenance contracts.
- Responsible for developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) to improve technology administration, optimize service level agreements, and minimize support costs.
Minimum of 5 years of experience with the following technologies
Enterprise Windows 2000/2003/2008, Active Directory, UNIX (Solaris, HP UX, AIX), Shell/Perl/VBScript, Systems Configuration Center Manager (SCCM), patch management, Server virtualization VMware ESX, Citrix Zen-Desktop, Zen-Server, NetBackup Enterprise Backup, Trend Micro Enterprise Anti-Virus, Storage Area Network (SAN), SAN data replication, Business Process Improvement, SQL, Oracle, IIS Web services, Exchange Email, Email SPAM filter technologies, Sharepoint, ITIL.
Healthcare and Corporate Applications: (desired but not required)
EPIC and Meditech (EMR), Agfa HeartLab, GE PACs Centricity, Cerner Laboratory System (SIS), CoPath Pathology, ACUO Long Term Archive, Siemens, Nurse Call System (Rauland), Pharmacy CPR , Philips Radiation Oncology (Pinnacle), Drager Physiological Monitoring, Pneumatic Tube System, ERP corporate finance (Lawson, Oracle, SAP), Budget Forecast, General Ledger, Patient Billing .
TCP/IP, Ethernet, Fiber, VPN, Wireless networking, Wide Area Network (WAN) devices - Cisco Routers, Communication Gateways, Intruder Detection Systems (IDS), Network Firewalls, Trend Micro security appliances.
HP, Dell, Cisco, IBM, NetApp, IBM, and Hitachi SAN, Brocade SAN switch, HP and UCS blade server infrastructure.
More jobs you may likeSenior SOA Application Architect
Senior Citrix XenApp Engineer/Architect
Senior Network Architect/Engineer
Senior Citrix Engineer Architect
Senior Security Engineer
Senior SOA Architect
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela