Find a job
Senior IT Security Specialist - Chicago, IL
Full Job Description Provided Upon Request)
If you enjoy an Enterprise Company and are looking for a chance to have true ownership over IT Security: SIEM, OS, NETWORKING, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, and Application Security you've found the right job! Don't be shy, apply to this DIRECT HIRE role.
Seeking a Sr. IT Security Analyst
Popular Medical Center located in Chicago, Illinois is in search for a Sr. Security Analyst who can assess security needs and capabilities of this organization, work on security policies, identify and recommend adjustments. You will be responsible for working on overall security program and content
Key Skillsets Desired: Security Infrastructure Experience, Operating Systems, Networking, SIEM, IDS, IPS, Firewalls, Application Security
What our client wants from you: (As much of the following as possible)- Requires bachelor's degree in computer science or related technology field. CISSP certification a plus.
- Requires 4 years of relevant computer systems experience focusing on Information Security, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Thorough understanding of risk analysis and audit tracking.
- Thorough knowledge of local area and wide area network architectures (LAN/WAN), and in-depth and current knowledge of data processing and programming concepts. Experience with network design, routing design and open system security issues.
- Command of office automation tools (Microsoft Professional Suite, Exchange e-mail, etc.)
- Familiarity with current common paradigms for violating system integrity.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of hospital personnel, vendors and IT personnel.
- Must possess the ability to deliver clear, concise communications and presentations.
- Must be able to train others quickly and thoroughly on key IT concepts.
- Expert knowledge with security role based access for Epic and other enterprise clinical applications.
- Works with IT management, risk managers, corporate compliance, and clinical teams.
- Ensures organization compliance with the security sections of Federal and State regulations including HIPAA, and JCAHO standards.
- Monitor, respond to, tune, analyze alerts from network and systems monitoring tools (SIEM, IDS/IPS, AV, Firewalls etc.); administer rules and policies for same
- Function as web/application security subject matter expert and liaison to internal Edelman teams (both technical and non-technical) for relevant projects.
- Research, analyze, and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify security deficiencies or to enhance security performance.
- Participate as a member of team providing pertinent security information and input to strategic and tactical planning; initiatives and projects planning.
- Develop technical security standards in support of information security policies and principles
- Train other Security Engineers on processes, procedures, and technologies
Advanced knowledge of technical security solutions (ie IDS/IPS, secure remote access, authentication, traditional and next gen Firewalls, encryption, VPNs, SIEMs, application security, advanced malware detection, vulnerability management, and other relevant domains)
Technology Experience: (As much of the following as possible)- Applications: Trend Micro security suite (Office Scan, DLP, Mobile Security, Disk Encryption) Enterprise Windows OS, Active Directory, VBScript, WSUS patch management, Qualys, Desktop virtualization technologies, Anti-Virus software, SQL, IIS Web services, WINS, DNS, DHCP, Exchange Email, IDS/IPS.
- Networking: TCP/IP, Ethernet, Fiber, VPN, Wireless networking,
- Hardware: HP, Dell, Wyse thin clients, Ergotron Mobile devices, Network Virus Wall hardware appliances
- Certifications: Active professional certifications such as CISSP, OSCP/E, relevant GIAC or SANS certifications
More jobs you may likeSenior Citrix Engineer Architect
Senior Security Engineer
Senior SOA Application Architect
Senior Citrix XenApp Engineer/Architect
Senior Network Architect/Engineer
Senior Cloud Network Security Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela