Find a job
Network Administrator/Engineer - Cleveland, OH
We are searching for a Network Engineer with strong technical skills, good customer service skills and desire to expand skills. The Network Administrator will oversee, configure, and support the organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet subnets. The candidate will maintain the network by performing the necessary maintenance to support the availability and functionality of the network's hardware (Routers, Switches and Firewalls etc) and monitoring the network's performance (traffic, bandwidth, capacity). The successful candidate will also be involved in future upgrades, working closely with the IS security group and the Windows administration groups.
Responsibilities:- Install and manage Juniper and Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewalls.
- Provide management with design enhancement recommendations involving the network.
- Monitor and optimize network performance.
- Participate on project teams.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
- Maintain configuration backups.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Develop disaster recovery plans.
- Maintaining current levels of software and patches.
- Support business needs including adds, moves and changes when necessary.
- Provide direction and support to Tech Support associates when troubleshooting.
- Limited amount of travel required.
Requirements: - BS in Computer Science or related field (work experience will be considered).
- 3 years of recent hands on Cisco and Juniper experience.
- Thorough understanding of Cisco and Juniper Switches, Routers and IOS, Junos.
- Thorough understanding of routing protocols including TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, VRRP, OSPF.
- Competent in overseeing management of Routers and Switches, updating Switches to new code, and building and configuring Switches.
- Competent in Layer 3 Routing.
- Competent in Trunking.
- Competent in design and support of cabling systems, fiber, CAT 5, 6 and 7.
- Competent in WAN carrier designs.
- Competent with 802.1x security protocols with nac or Cisco ISE.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Strong Network design background.
- Strong Team and organization skills.
- Experience designing disaster recovery and contingency planning.
- Juniper and/or Cisco training/certifications preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Solar Winds and TACACS a plus.
- VMware knowledge a plus.
Third Federal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identification or sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected under law.
More jobs you may likeIT Systems Security Administrator
Office Administrator-Chattanooga, TN
2017 College Intern Technical - Infrastructure
Office Administrator - Chicago
ILPS Deployment Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela