Find a job
Family Nurse Practitioner - Cleveland, OH
The Family Nurse Practitioner provides primary health care to individuals and families in all aspects and developmental stages of life. This includes the management of health problems and the promotion of optimal health.
Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
(The following description is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned, as required.)- Make sound clinical judgments based on assessment of the physical, psychological, spiritual, social and environmental needs of the client.
- Develop a problem list, a diagnostic, therapeutic and teaching plan. Systematically integrate screening, periodic examinations, health histories and discussions about patient concerns and information relevant to patients and families.
- Determine which problems are within scope of practice, and which require referral to a physician according to mutually accepted guidelines.
- Analyze health behavior related to personality, life style, socio-economic status and culture.
- Develop, implement, and periodically evaluate therapeutic plans.
- Prescribe treatment for illnesses within the Family Nurse Practitioner's scope of practice, based on standing orders and Nurse Practitioner Formulary.
- Order and interpret diagnostic studies.
- Teach and counsel individuals and families to assist them to assume responsibility for the prevention of illness and restoration and maintenance of health.
- Evaluate patient's physical and emotional reaction to drugs and treatments.
- Communicate, consult and collaborate with other professionals involved in the delivery of total patient care.
- Keep complete problem-oriented records.
- Consult and collaborate with the physicians regarding any non-routine medical problems.
- Communicate with community agencies to plan comprehensive care for clients.
- Prescribe medications under the Ohio Board of Nursing Certificate to Prescribe, using the established Formulary.
- Perform minor diagnostic and surgical procedures within scope of practice. Fully inform patients of risks and benefits of any procedure.
- Maintain collaborative relationship with physicians in the practice and render care according to the guidelines of a standard care arrangement.
- Exercise nursing judgment and carry out independent nursing functions responsibly and with accountability to oneself and one's patients.
- Follow procedures developed by the Health Care Committee for performance improvement for NFP.
- Work as a team member to support NFP as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position.
Specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications:
(To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)- BSN, Registered RN and Certificate of Authority, State of Ohio.
- Board certification as Family Nurse Practitioner from ANCC or other certifying Board; Masters of Science in Nursing, preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the scope of nursing practice and the role of the nurse practitioner.
- Demonstrated clinical competence, including physical assessment, health teaching and counseling.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development through independent reading and study, and through participation in continuing education programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of public health policy and practices; familiarity with medical home model of care.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate in English and Spanish preferred.
- In-depth emotional intelligence: demonstrated self awareness, accurate self-assessment, sensitivity and empathy, openness, reliability and consistency. Demonstrated cultural competency and understanding of underserved populations.
- Computer proficiency: application of EMR and related functional software.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills.
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)-
Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices.
Demonstrated ability to walk, sit or stand for long periods of time. Requires some lifting up to 50 lbs.
Work environment is stressful at times.
Previous experience that is necessary background to qualify for this position:-
Moderate level of Family Nurse Practitioner experience in a community health center.
Neighborhood Family Practice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
More jobs you may likeNurse Weekend position
RN full and part time
RN Case Manager
LPN full and part time
Clinical Nurse - Dialysis - Avon/Parma
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela