Find a job
FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER - Cleveland, OH
The Family Nurse Practitioner provides primary health care to individuals and families in all aspects and developmental stages of life. This includes the management of health problems and the promotion of optimal health. The Nurse Practitioner must have a clear idea of the scope of nursing practice and the role of the nurse practitioner. May on occasion, oversee student Nurse Practitioners, new or volunteer Nurse Practitioners, and medical students. The Nurse Practitioner will follow policies and procedures developed by the Care Alliance Quality Assurance Committee and other committees.
Requirements:- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must hold current Ohio Registered Nurse licensure and Certificate of Authority.
- The FNP will prescribe medications under the Ohio Board of Nursing Certificate to Prescribe, using the established formulary.
- Must have completed a formal Nurse Practitioner program at an accredited college or university, Masters of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Board certification as Family Nurse Practitioner from ANCC or other certifying board.
- Two years' experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical competence including physical assessment, health teaching and counseling.
- BLS certified through the American Heart Association.
- Commitment to continuing professional development through independent reading, study and participation in continuing education programs.
- Fluency in English. Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.
Clinical Judgment - Make sound clinical judgments based on assessment of the physical, psychological, spiritual, social and environmental needs of the client.
- Develop a problem list, a diagnostic, therapeutic and teaching plan.
- Determine which problems are within scope of practice, and which require referral to a physician according to mutually accepted guidelines.
- Analyze health behavior related to personality, life style, socio-economic status and culture.
Care Management- Develop, implement, and periodically evaluate therapeutic plans.
- Prescribe treatment for illnesses within the Nurse Practitioner's scope of practice, based on standing orders and nurse practitioner formulary.
- Order and interpret diagnostic studies.
- Teach and counsel individuals and families to assist them to assume responsibility for the prevention of illness and restoration and maintenance of health.
- Evaluate patient's physical and emotional reaction to drugs and treatments.
- Communicate, consult and collaborate with other professionals involved in the delivery of total patient care.
- Keep complete problem-oriented records.
- Consult and collaborate with the physicians regarding any non-routine medical problems.
- Communicate with community agencies to plan comprehensive care for clients.
Additional Expectations- The Family Nurse Practitioner can perform minor diagnostic and surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- The Family Nurse Practitioner will be in a collaborative relationship with the physicians in the practice and render care according to the guidelines of a standard care arrangement.
- When exercising nursing judgment or carrying out independent nursing functions, the Family Nurse Practitioner is responsible for his/her own professional practice.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
Essential Skills and experience- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients and the public
- Ability to work with a wide range of homeless individuals
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high paced and multi-asking environment
- Maintain a positive team environment
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to follow written policies and procedures
- Ability to use Electronic Medical Records (EMR) EPIC preferred
- Commitment to the mission of Care Alliance
More jobs you may likeFamily Nurse Practitioner
RN Case Manager - Home Care
CERTIFIED NURSE-MIDWIFE, FULL-TIME
RN Case Manager (Home Health)
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela