Find a job
Corporate Communications Specialist - Northbrook, IL
Prestigious Financial Services Organization is seeking a Corporate Communications Specialist.
Responsibilities:- Develops strategic communications plans and tactics
- Leads brainstorming sessions regarding root cause analysis of business issues and/or opportunities that lead to the development of Strategic Communications Plans.
- Applies functional knowledge and business client specific knowledge to assist with the creation and execution of strategic communications plans.
- Leads moderately complex specific plan segments with consultations from others.
- Develops initiative-based strategies and tactics for communications that are highly integrated with a full-blown strategic communications plan.
- Leads rigorous process and/or service improvement programs.
- Markets new programs and initiatives, builds consensus among sophisticated decision makers.
- Develops client communications content
- Assumes responsibility for content outlines for complex items and those pieces that are standard-setting for broad initiatives or that require solutions that are more imaginative and thorough. Leads the preparation of publication materials, employee communications, newsletters, and informational materials for internal or external audiences.
- Coaches and probes business clients to extract data that needs to be communicated, with general coaching and guidance on complex items. Demonstrates an increased understanding of what questions to ask to pull out the content that needs to be communicated. Identifies/generates communication solutions and topic ideas to address client needs.
- Breaks down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner. Writes, edits and reviews own and others communication content.
- Brings forth advanced expertise and knowledge of the business, processes, etc. to suggests shifts in strategic direction.
Manages content review for communications materials- Primary approver of content for content within scope of work.
- Requestor of approvals when involving more strategic connections.
Coordinates and executes client communications meetings and events- Leads and/or executes basic to complex client communications/recognition meetings and events across AORs from start to finish.
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships
- Builds effective relationships within and across the team as well as with clients. Develops and coordinates lines of communication and networks within the organization among employees.
- Creates and accesses channels to get and to disseminate information.
- Serves as a key team contact and mentors others on more strategically involved tasks
- Mentors others communication professional on simple to moderate tasks
- Provides internal professional and technical leadership
- Assumes responsibility for quality of service and advice in meeting customer and business partner needs
Provides strategic communications consulting and coaching to key clients- Escalates matters of risk with parties internal and external to the team (HR, CR, legal, etc.).
- Gains support for difficult decisions/solutions.
- Enlists commitment by involving the right parties as all stages of the process.
- Influences others to achieve results and bring team unity.
- Analyzes problems by breaking down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner.
- Questions and considers implications of decisions and recommendations.
Identifies communications measures and metrics to ensure desired outcomes and alignment to business goals- Uses metrics to recommend significant shifts in strategic plans to others.
- Provides in-depth analysis of metrics.
Job Qualifications- Bachelors degree or above required
- 3-5 years combined internship or work experience in progressive communications role; past Senior Executive communications consulting required
- General knowledge of Microsoft Suite; advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Word
More jobs you may likeSenior IT Security Analyst
IT Risk and Compliance Analyst
Risk and Compliance Analyst II
IT Risk and Compliance Analyst
Part Time Windows and VMware Engineer
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela