Find a job
Senior Cisco VOIP Engineer UCC - Lincolnshire, IL
Prestigious Organization is seeking a Senior CISCO VOIP Engineer. This role is responsible for moderately complex engineering activities associated with one or more technical areas with the telecom function (such as network design, engineering, implementation or operations and user support. Operates under general supervision and may provide guidance to more junior Engineers or Analysts. This position will play a key role on a team responsible for maximizing current-state investment in UC, as well as engineering and planning the future roadmap for the UC environment. When needed, this role will provide assistance to other Senior and Consulting Engineers in upgrading, implementation and troubleshooting of the UC environment in facilities and stores across the enterprise as we deploy UC on an accelerated schedule.
Performs moderately complex tasks relating to telecom network operations, installation and maintenance for telecommunications service offerings through the application of business and technical skills. Provides technical support and maintenance for existing and new telecommunications services. Performs installs, moves, adds, and changes (IMAC), handling moderately complex issues.
This role configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots telecommunications network components of a moderately complex nature to provide a secure, high performance network, including services for core LAN/WAN, VOIP(Voice Over Internet Protocol), QOS (Quality of Service, COS (Class of Service, VLAN's Virtual Local Area Network, SBC's (Session Border Controller) and Sip[ (session Initiated Protocol. Coordinates reviews and performs repair services in emergency situations and serves as the technical subject matter expert for the resolution of moderately complex telecommunications problems.
This role plans and implements changes to the system, troubleshoots problems in the network, analyzes costs and volume of traffic on the system. Implements moderately complex telephony solutions and project plans through the use of applications, which may include Cisco Call Manager, Unity voice Mail, Cisco emergency Responder in a UCS and non-UCS environment. Works with users to analyze feasibility, costs, time and resources needed to add functionality to the platform.
The successful candidate will have technical skills that cover a broad range of UC/telephony disciplines that include experience with Cisco UC, Acme Packet SBC's and EXFO Brixworx (or another IP service assurance and performance management solution).
Operates under general supervision and may provide guidance to more junior Engineers or Analysts. Work is received in short- and mid-term assignments that are important/complicated undertakings and regularly require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of approved methods
Job Responsibilities - Actively participates in the daily operational activities that impact important components/processes of the of the IT work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features.
- Development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Development of processes and interface requirements.
- Data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Basic Qualifications - Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analysing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications - Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 3 years of experience in Voice Communications Systems
- At least 2 years of experience in configuration and provisioning of Cisco Call Manager, Unity, IOS Gateway and CUSP (Cisco Unified Sip Proxy - SIP PROXY), in a SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) environment.
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of telecommunication systems analysis, planning, design, and problem resolution.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- At least 2 years of experience operating in a multi-site VoIP and Legacy Nortel PBX TDM environment.
- At least 2 years of experience with a telecommunications voice and data provider.
- At least 2 years of experience with configuration of Cisco Call Manager and Unity Voice Mail.
- Experience with Cisco UCS compute platform.
- Previous familiarity with Nortel Norstar KSU and 61C/81C phone systems a plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco UC, VoIP, SIP and TDM troubleshooting techniques, traffic engineering, and experience interpreting and taking action on alert management and performance management tools.
- Experience with Oracle (Acme packet) Session Border Controllers.
- Experience with Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg Video conferencing solutions (including Telepresence).
- Experience with VMware vCenter and ESXi Hypervisor.
- Experience with the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring of core LAN/WAN services including VoIP protocols (ie. H.323, SIP, UDP, RTP).
More jobs you may likeSenior Cisco VOIP Engineer
Cisco Telecommunications Engineer UCCE
Senior VOIP Engineer UCC
IT Architect Engineer - Network and Security
Senior Security SOC Analyst
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela