Find a job
Senior Cisco VOIP Engineer - Lincolnshire, IL
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Sr. Cisco VOIP Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for engineering activities associated with one or more technical areas with the telecom function (such as network design, engineering, implementation or operations and user support. Candidate must have technical skills that cover a broad range of UC/telephony disciplines that include experience with Cisco UC, Acme Packet SBC's and EXFO Brixworx (or another IP service assurance and performance management solution). This position will play a key role on a team responsible for maximizing current-state investment in UC, as well as engineering and planning the future roadmap for the UC environment. Candidate will provide assistance to other Senior and Consulting Engineers in upgrading, implementation and troubleshooting of the UC environment.
Responsibilities:- Performs moderately complex tasks relating to telecom network operations, installation and maintenance for telecommunications service offerings through the application of business and technical skills.
- Provides technical support and maintenance for existing and new telecommunications services.
- Provides administration and support for telecom service requests received via service tickets and performs, installs, moves, adds, and changes (IMAC), handling moderately complex issues.
- Configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots telecommunications network components of a moderately complex nature to provide a secure, high performance network, including services for core LAN/WAN, VOIP(Voice Over Internet Protocol), QOS (Quality of Service, COS (Class of Service, VLAN's Virtual Local Area Network, SBC's (Session Border Controller) and Sip[ (session Initiated Protocol.
- Coordinates, reviews and performs repair services in emergency situations.
- Serves as a technical subject matter expert for the resolution of moderately complex telecommunications problems. Plans and implements changes to the system, troubleshoots problems in the network, analyzes costs and volume of traffic on the system and informs personnel of the capabilities of the system
- Implements moderately complex telephony solutions and project plans through the use of applications, which may include Cisco Call Manager, Unity voice Mail, Cisco emergency Responder in a UCS and non-UCS environment. Works with users to analyze feasibility, costs, time and resources needed to add functionality to the platform.
- Interprets network alert and performance management tool output to properly engineer the capacity and resiliency of the UC (Unified communications portion of the VOIP network.
- Prepares documentation and conducts training and user orientation for clients detailing configuration of proposed and deployed solutions.
- Interfaces directly with vendor and other WAG IT resources to work on support issues and drive them to resolution quickly and efficiently
Qualifications:- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in Voice Communications Systems OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in Voice Communications Systems.
- At least 2 years of experience in configuration and provisioning of Cisco Call Manager, Unity, IOS Gateway and CUSP (Cisco Unified Sip Proxy - SIP PROXY), in a SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) environment
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of telecommunication systems analysis, planning, design, and problem resolution.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with analysing and reporting information in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes.
Preferred Qualifications:- At least 5 years of experience operating in a multi-site VoIP and Legacy Nortel PBX TDM environment.
- At least 5 years of experience with configuration of Cisco Call Manager and Unity Voice Mail.
- Previous familiarity with Nortel Norstar KSU and 61C/81C phone systems a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience with a telecommunications voice and data provider.
- Knowledge of Cisco UC, VoIP, SIP and TDM troubleshooting techniques, traffic engineering, and experience interpreting and taking action on alert management and performance management tools.
- Experience with the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring of core LAN/WAN services including VoIP protocols (ie. H.323, SIP, UDP, RTP).
- Experience with Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg Video conferencing solutions (including Telepresence).
- Experience with Cisco UCS compute platform.
- Experience with VMware vCenter and ESXi Hypervisor.
More jobs you may likeSenior Cisco VOIP Engineer UCC
Senior Network Architect/Engineer
Cisco Telecommunications Engineer UCCE
Senior Network Engineer
Senior VOIP Engineer UCC
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela