Find a job
Application Support Engineer - Atlanta, GA
Our client is a well-funded start up with over 100 employees and 6 offices around the world. The Application Support Engineer serves as a primary point of contact for customer escalations, providing technical and deployment assistance to customers and internal stakeholders. The Technical Support Engineer works closely with Customer Care, Development, Implementation, Sales and Product Management to ensure our client is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
General Responsibilities:- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues related to application use, design and configuration.
- Take ownership of and resolve customers' product issues via telephone, email, or in-person, while meeting or exceeding stated service level agreement (SLA) timeframe.
- Document, route, track, escalate and update customers, as well as management, on status of issues as required.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers, ensuring their understanding of the steps needed to resolve issues.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from non-technical or technical customers.
- Use approved protocol to communicate with development engineers on the analysis of software issues providing detail description of problems along with steps taken to analyze the problem.
- Perform system testing as a final validation before release to customer.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge by creating and maintaining knowledge base articles and other technical documents.
- Provide senior-level support and guidance for Level 1 Customer Care staff.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of our client's products and support protocols.
Qualifications:- Preferred 5 years Tier 2/3 enterprise-level technical and application support experience.
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET and HTML.
- Highly proficient in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) (preferably 2005 or above).
- Strong knowledge of querying databases and amending database objects (views, stored procedures, etc.) using Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Ability to design and write SSRS Reports.
- Strong ability to write SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- An understanding of the role of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within an IT environment.
- Demonstrated FTP knowledge and experience.
- B.S. in Computer Science or closely related field from a four-year college or university highly desired.
- High degree of analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve stressful customer situations.
- Enthusiasm for product knowledge acquisition
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- 0-15% Travel - potential to travel to UK
Off-hours, on-call support may apply on a rotating basis from home.
More jobs you may likeApplication Support Engineer
Application Support Engineer
Application Support Engineer
Senior Business Architect
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela