Find a job
Citrix Systems Engineer - Chicago, IL
Job descriptionSalary: $90,000 - $115,000
The Systems Engineer Citrix is primarily responsible for maintaining Citrix systems to ensure reliability and optimization for the firm. The ability to understand and collaborate on the relationship of the Citrix infrastructure and the user-facing applications is critical and a key attribute of the ideal candidate. Responsibilities include systems design, implementation, solution research and troubleshooting of complex issues primarily within the context of Citrix XenApp/VMware environments. The Systems Engineer - Citrix will also be responsible for providing technical leadership for strategic projects and initiatives on the Citrix roadmap as well as participating in more general server, storage and desktop architecture efforts. Furthermore, the Systems Engineer - Citrix will collaborate with Desktop Engineers, SMEs, and other System Engineers to apply and support best practices for server building, application packaging and deployment, user experience management, security, change management, user account management and documentation.
Required experience:- Desktop, Networking and Infrastructure technologies: 5 years
- Managing Citrix systems: 3 years
Responsibilities include:- Act as primary system owner for Citrix XenApp, Citrix Netscaler, and all related desktop virtualization and remote access technologies.
- Participate in strategic planning around the appropriate use of a Thin Client technologies to deliver consistent, reliable performance and user experience in remote offices. Must be familiar with the use of Citrix products in both internal office environments and external remote access situations.
- Demonstrate familiarity with a variety of a Thin Client service models, including published desktops, published applications, streamed applications, etc.
- Demonstrate expertise in installing and configuring applications for optimal performance in XenApp server environments.
- Demonstrate expertise in monitoring the Citrix environment and optimizing system performance understanding that the Citrix platform must provide equivalent performance and matching user experience to the fat client desktops in the firm.
- Collaborate with Packaging and Desktop team to ensure consistent, reliable installation and upgrading of applications.
- Collaborate with Packaging and Desktop team to manage user profiles, ensuring consistent, reliable delivery of critical user settings, including backup and roaming between different Servers and desktop environments.
- Gain complete understanding of overall desktop engineering and application delivery model, within traditional desktop environment (non-Citrix), of desktop applications to be most compatible with Citrix environment.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and testing. Optimize XenApp server creation and management to ensure quick recovery and flexibility in disaster scenarios.
- Ensure stability and performance of Citrix Servers. Uses Solar Winds, Splunk and other monitoring systems to ensure system uptime and optimal performance.
- Work closely with virtualization and storage teams to ensure optimal configuration of XenApp virtual Servers.
- Manage implementations of new Servers, new OS releases and product updates.
- Understand firm business requirements and define and promote optimal system configuration to meet business needs. Demonstrate ability to learn business processes and requirements of other departments as needed to optimize system features and enhance user efficiency.
- As with all I.S. Engineering positions in the firm, the Systems Engineer - Citrix will possess the following skill set:
- Expert-level proficiency with key technologies to be supported, including demonstrated willingness and ability to develop expertise in new technologies as needed
- Demonstrated competence in detecting and eliminating technical issues in complex systems, utilizing monitoring and other analysis tools to ensure optimal system performance
- Investment in understanding technologies outside of those directly supported by the Engineer, including demonstrated basic awareness of key functionality of systems that interact with or depend upon the systems directly managed by the Engineer
- Ability to participate in assessing business purpose of managed systems and to recommend operational or efficiency-related improvements
- Ability to act independently to meet goals and objectives identified by senior management, including the ability to assist in the creation of project plans and manage time effectively
- High-level involvement in providing optimal performance and responsive support. Works to ensure optimal performance and reliability of systems while also providing mentoring and knowledge transfer to other Engineers and Technical Support Specialists. Acknowledges key role in responding to alerts and assisting Technical Support in analysis and resolution of issues
- Accepts responsibility for understanding firm Information Security Standards and applying those standards to ensure security of managed systems
Qualifications include:- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Five years' minimum experience in desktop, networking and infrastructure technologies, including all aspects of designing, implementing and supporting systems at the engineering level
- Three years' minimum experience managing Citrix systems
- Experience with the following technologies: Citrix XenApp, Citrix Netscaler, Citrix Storefront/Web interface, Citrix policy management, VMware vSphere, Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows registry, Mandatory Profiles, DNS, DHCP, DFS, EMET, Windows 7/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
- Experience in the legal market a plus
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral. Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with all other IS members, members of the firm (users of systems), and clients. Must have customer service attitude and ability to work well with other groups.
- Superior understanding of the firm's goals and objectives, with demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems
- Strong organizational skills, capability to schedule and coordinate multiple activities in results-oriented environment. Initiative and ability to enforce policies and procedures through influence
- Highly available and responsive to occasional after-hours issues, as the firm operates on a near 24/7 basis
More jobs you may likePart Time Windows and VMware Engineer
Office 365 Exchange Engineer
Server Systems Administrator/Part-time PM shift
Azure IaaS Engineer
Consultant – Centre Assist
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela