Find a job
Senior Network Engineer - Barrington, IL
Senior Network Engineer - Level 3
You will be the go-to production Support Engineer within the managed services offerings. You will have the ability to troubleshoot server, ASA technical point, SME, design implementation solutions, development skills in Bash, Perl, you will be developing tools and enhancing tools and automation to make jobs easier. Scripting, CISCO, Nexus, Load Balancers, QoS, MPLS. Prefer multicast, CCIE is a huge plus, large enterprise experience a must. This is a go-to person. Sharp.
Responsibilities- As a Senior Engineer provide technical services with no supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, or Technology Owners.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with no supervision.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements, and internal projects
- Conducts/lead design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives.
- Proactively develop plans and activities to avoid problems.
- Educate the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
- Work directly with Project Managers to update project plans and communicate project status.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Perform scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc).
- Handle several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoot and develop internal network, respond to emergencies).
- Communicate with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Respond to all customers professionally and courteously and relay any customer questions or concerns to manager.
Minimum of 5 year engineering experience- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of required service levels.
- Ability to establish customer trust and confidence in the Managed Services knowledge of and concern for customers' business needs.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Hardware: - Switches - Cisco IOS and CatOS platforms; Cisco 2950, 2960, 3500, 3700, 4500, 6500. Cisco Data Center platforms; Nexus 1000, 5000, 7000, UCS 6000. Cisco SDN platforms; Nexus 1000v, ASA 1000v, CSR 1000v
- Routers - Cisco IOS and IOS XE platforms; Cisco 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 5300, 7200, ASR
- Firewalls - Cisco ASA 7.x, 8.x, 9.x. Cisco PIX, FWSM, ASAM.
- Load Balancers - Cisco ACE, CSS, F5 LTM, F5 GSM
- WAN Optimization - Riverbed Steelhead, Cisco WAAS
- Network Technologies/Topologies: - WAN - MPLS, MPLS Layer 2/3 VPN's, Frame-Relay, GRE/IPSEC VPN, VPN, SIP/PSTN services
- Layer 2
More jobs you may likeSenior Network Engineer Level 3
Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Specialist
Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network and Security Engineer/Architect
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela