Find a job
Sales Engineer - Sales Representative - Cedar Rapids, IA
Job descriptionImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving the Cedar Rapids - Iowa City Corridor for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Sales Engineer to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for "Creating Connections One Person at a Time" and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.The Sales Engineer support sales productivity and deal flow by securing the technical close in complex solutions. The SE collaborates with sales, service, engineering and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. Reporting to the Sales Director the Sales Engineer is responsible for the sales team supported.Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit or as directed by the Director of Sales.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers' met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and ImOn Communications, LLC.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers' business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to insure a deal's "technical close".
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team-member sales associates in order to enhance the product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities with customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account management teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Subject matter expert for all IP Telephony Voice products to include but not limited to SIP, Cloud Voice (Hosted PBX), ISDN PRI (pseudo wire over Ethernet,), and TDM based products ISUP SS7, GR303, PRI.
- In depth knowledge of IP Networking, LAN/WAN Switching, and Qos.
- Design and Provision complex VoIP solutions.
- Must Be Familiar with and able to train: The Sales Engineer must be focused on equipment at the customer site, how that equipment is installed, tested, turned up and serviced. The Sales Engineer would also need to understand how the equipment at a customer site connects back to the network, how services interact with each other and who is responsible to troubleshoot when things go wrong. In the area of training, he or she would be responsible for working with the customer to ensure the services fit the customer needs, determine how those services will interface with the customer's existing network, training the customer on all aspects of operating their service and responding to customer questions after the sale.
Education and minimum qualifications (Skills required):- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum six years of sales or sales engineering experience in a business to business, large/strategic customer segment; or a record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential.
- Ability to function independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be team-oriented, friendly and personable with strong focus on customer service.
- Technical Acumen: Must have knowledge of Windows XP/7, DHCP, DNS, Linux Variants and Desktop/Laptop hardware support.
- Ability to work well with others across many organizations including Information Technology, Engineering, Provisioning, Customer Service and Installation.
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet schedules/deadlines as required.
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic and a desire to learn new technologies is a must.
ImOn offers competitive pay, health and dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet and Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance and FREE short term/long term disability, as well as vacation and holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in being a part of the ImOn Difference PLEASE CLICK APPLY NOW!
More jobs you may likeAssociate Architect
Technical Solutions Professional
Developer - Product - B
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela