Find a job
Lead Data Center Controls Engineer - Weehawken, NJ
Job descriptionCenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Job Title Lead Data Center Controls Engineer--Work From Home Location Dependent on Experience
TheCritical Systems Integration Engineer will support the global Data center Engineering team by helping to integrate and leverage the information that is currently available through controls systems data archives, and new systems yet to be defined. The Critical Systems Integration Engineer will have experience in and exercise skills across many domains including: Data Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) integrations, SNMP communication protocol, TCP/IP data interchange, and large scale data aggregation and processing. They will install, operate, and maintain critical information systems within a global network.
The Critical Systems Integration Engineer will works closely with Project Managers, Control Engineers, and Development Teams throughout the project life cycle. They are responsible to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of data integration across Building Management Systems as well as Reporting systems. The Critical Systems Integration Engineer must exercise tact and courtesy in contacts with customers, co-workers and other trades involved in a project.
The individual will be responsible developing methods for integrating various systems and technology into the existing Building Automation Systems as well as into other data management platforms.
Additionally the Critical Systems Integration Engineer will bring their experience in system optimization to the table as they will be making suggestions on efficiency modifications both to program development and deployment.
- Evaluate and identify primary sources for critical data.
- Develop integration strategies for sharing information across multiple systems
- Support integration of new information systems into a distributed global data center environment
- Work directly with outside engineers, vendors, and ALL in house staff (project managers/engineers).
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Reviews projects with assigned Project Manager to establish schedules and project goals.
- Reports weekly to Project Teams, accomplishments, schedule issues, and any issues that may impact the efficiency and timely completion of the project.
- Debug and troubleshoot system operations while making documented improvements.
- 5 years of relevant experience in a mission critical environment
- 5 more years specialized experience with communication protocols such as BACnet IP, Modbus, TCP/IP, SNMP, SOAP, and REST protocols and knowledge of interface data extraction.
- Thorough knowledge of Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) systems including programming experience.
- Strong computer related skills network and systems experience with broad knowledge of concepts, principles, practices and procedures in systems development.
- Knowledge of programming and writing data extract code. Exposure to object oriented programs.
- Ability to review, understand and analyze business requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously utilizing and directing external engineering firms as required
- Familiar with conventional and emerging technologies employed in data center designs
- Ability to work in virtual teams in highly mobile environments with global assignments
- Ability to effectively translate highly technical systems and concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Rotating on call support for critical systems
- 10-20% travel globally
- StruxureWare DCE / DCO experience preferred
- Tridium and Niagra experience is preferred.
- Automated Logic experience preferred.
- Eaton Datatrax Foreseer experience preferred. preferred
- Exposure to creating solutions for data integration and analysis to drive process improvement in facility operations
- Procedural documentation development and review
- SQL development Experience
- Technical writing
- Data Center Experience
- BS in an Engineering discipline
- 5 years experience in a mission critical environments (data center preferred)
- 5 years systems design or system programming
- 3 years in system integration
- 2 year experience in customer service or equivalent.
Position is work from home. Location flexible.
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Tampa; US-Massachusetts-Boston; US-Missouri-St Louis; US-New Jersey-Newark; US-New Jersey-Piscataway; US-New Jersey-Weehawken; US-Texas-Dallas
Requisition # : 130315
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
More jobs you may likeCloud and DevOps Infrastructure Professional or Manager
Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Specialist
Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Specialist
Cloud and DevOps Infrastructure Professional or Manager
Jobs in Argentina|
Jobs in Australia
Jobs in Austria
Jobs in Bahrain
Jobs in Belgium
Jobs in Brazil
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Chile
Jobs in China
Jobs in Colombia
Jobs in Czech Republic
Jobs in Denmark|
Jobs in Finland
Jobs in France
Jobs in Germany
Jobs in Greece
Jobs in Honk Kong
Jobs in Hungary
Jobs in India
Jobs in Indonesia
Jobs in Ireland
Jobs in Israel
Jobs in Italy|
Jobs in Japan
Jobs in Korea
Jobs in Kuwait
Jobs in Luxembourg
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Mexico
Jobs in Netherlands
Jobs in New Zealand
Jobs in Norway
Jobs in Oman
Jobs in Pakistan|
Jobs in Peru
Jobs in Philippines
Jobs in Poland
Jobs in Portugal
Jobs in Quatar
Jobs in Romania
Jobs in Russia
Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in South Africa
Jobs in Spain|
Jobs in Sweden
Jobs in Switzerland
Jobs in Taiwan
Jobs in Turkey
Jobs in the United Arab Emirates
Jobs in the United Kingdom
Jobs in the United Stated
Jobs in Venezuela